REPLY

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Sweetest, & Newest Blog

Last year in November my eldest daughter joined the world of blogging, and did the 30 day challenge on her blog.

The title of her blog... Live Life Delightfully suits her because she truly does exemplify that lifestyle each day. No matter what trials, or stress come her way...she knows who to rely upon that stress in order to release any kind of burden. She has such a knack for writing and knows exactly of the things to say when the going gets tough. She is a 16 years old who carries the world on her shoulders, and wants to make the world better.

She truly is a great example of living life in the most delightful way.

There are days when I have flashbacks of my youth, and I cry. I cry because it's so gratifying to know that Sierra has done so much better than me both spiritually, and with her education.  When I look at Sierra, and see how much she has accomplished up until now...I cry more. They are happy tears of course, and I feel so fortunate as a parent to witness her growth in maturity, and spirituality. I know that being a teenager today isn't easy. I wonder if I would have survived what generations today go through when I was in high school...I think not.

Not all teens are the same. They are all trying to find their individuality, and place in this world. It doesn't matter what church we attend, I believe that all children are trying to find their way in this world...regardless of their upbringing. Some want that extra guidance, and some don't. It gives me great comfort to know that Sierra seeks the Lord in times of hardships. Sierra is so mature for 16 that some of her friends assume she is 17 or 18! That's a compliment.

There are days when I wish I had her stamina, her youthful glow, her strength that she has when someone in school will tease her about the church she attends (which is hardly ever now that people know what she's about.) When someone in her class is being made fun of, and she gracefully will tell the insulter that enough is enough. She doesn't gossip, is not judgmental, or serves two masters. She has the courage to say NO on the negative things in life that will bring you down. She doesn't allow anyone or anything negative in her life bring her down. She's not afraid of her religion. She's not afraid to share it, or even talk about it.

Her blog is all about being real, positive, and how to live life to the fullest. Although she says she looks up to me...well, she's my example of all that is good.

When I read her blog it puts a smile on my face, and I hope that it will put one on yours too!

I'm not just saying that because she's my flesh and blood...I'm saying that because it's true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment