REPLY

Monday, January 9, 2012

Always remember the Dixon's

I just love it when good people give me the okay to write about them and post pictures of them, (and their kids) on my blog.

Yesterday at church we said a short goodbye to the Dixon family. (I said short because I know we will see them again, and stay in touch.) They have been in our ward for about six years, and are a family of four beautiful children. Her husband bore a heartfelt testimony about his experiences in our ward and in the church, and I can tell that they are going to be just fine when they settle into their new surroundings. I will never forget her fun sense of humor, the way she taught in Relief Society, and how cute she was in being the ward chorister.

Although Jessica and I didn't 'hang out' as much, she always carried (still does) a special place in my heart. It didn't matter if she is a few years younger than me, or hung around a different circle of friends. What matters is that every time we saw each other at church we always remembered to hug, smile, or just say 'hey'!

 One thing we do have in common is that both of our kids play the violin, and are soon to become pen pals.
Violin recital- 2010
Levi and Lexie
Levi's last day, Summer 2011
I can totally relate in being in a ward for a short period of time. Whether it's ten months, two, three, four, or even five years! No matter where you live people are going to come and go in many wards. I've seen it too many times, and have learned not to be sad to see families leave because I know that they are headed for an adventurous life, and if they continue to serve and live as they did in their previous ward...they will have no problems making friends, feeling at ease, and being loved.

Every family that has moved in an out of our ward for the past three years will be fine. I know the faith that they hold will guide them through a beautiful life. I look at my life and all the moving around we did, and it's been a great blessing.

 I know that the Dixon's will be blessed, and I wish you all the best in beginning this new chapter in your life!

*Just a note to Levi...continue on playing the violin!

No comments:

Post a Comment