REPLY

Monday, January 23, 2012

The birthday girls

It's been a little over a week since the girls celebrated their birthdays, and I am just now blogging about it! Better late than never I suppose. I feel that if I post pictures on my Facebooktwitter, or even on Instagram that it will be satisfying enough for me. Well it isn't. After all...I am documenting this for them, and I want them to eventually look back in their book (when I eventually turn all these post into a book), and say, "Hey... that's the day our birthday fell on a Sunday, and I was asked to play the violin at sister's so and so baptism." 

I'm also not one to brag or post about all the gifts they received.  Sure they get excited each year as their birthday comes up, but I think it's mostly all about the cake. They do appreciate the presents, and all the 'Happy Birthdays' that were said to them though. 

I guess I'll go ahead, and post a few of their favorite gifts that they received...for the record.

With this birthday came special gifts. Since Lexie turned 12, she is officially considered a young woman and is now able to attend the young women class at church. She is so thrilled to be a part of the YW and be in it with Sierra. Grandma from Utah gave her this book, and a plaque that has the Young women theme for this year. 

Other gifts included:
Inheritance- the fourth book, jewelry, this CD from Jenny Oaks Baker, the cutest little photo album, an initial bag, and "how to make a silhouette kit'.
I have to say that Chelsea was super excited for her gifts. She had asked for a new sketchbook, and she ended up getting a bonus...a Crayola colored pencils and sketch set. She also got a cute petticoat skirt from Mini Boden, an initial journal with an initial bag, and lots of necklaces, and bracelets from her favorite store...J. Crew.
 I still think it's all about the cake, and the chance they have to make a wish!
Baby brother just had to help both his sisters blow out their candles!! OOOps!
and they didn't mind! 

I relit Chelsea's candles a second time just so I could snap this photo of him! 
Too cute!!
What a beautiful smile!


 Chelsea with her Lucky Seven cupcakes.
It was a very sweet, and simple day filled with wonderful surprises, yummy cake, cupcakes, and great company. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment