REPLY

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter without snow

I'm sorry but winter is not winter without any snow, and I feel as if I'm living back in Texas or North Carolina. 

I have been itching for a snow fall for quite sometime now, and now that the sun has been out for the past week...I'm not sure I want it anymore. I feel it'll ruin the forwardness to Spring. After looking at the ten day forecast on the weather channel app I honestly don't think we are getting any snow this so called winter. I don't mind the cold weather, and it's probably a good thing my family and I are not die hard skiers, or snowboarders otherwise we'd be going stir crazy! Still...it would be nice if get some moisture that actually turns into snow.

It's been raining since last night which might be a good sign for expected snow, but I don't think that's going to happen. My husband has been feeling groggy, and is disliking this rain. He says it feel like we're heading towards spring already.This weather has been very abnormal, and it just doesn't feel like winter. My sister calls it "La Nina" or global warming. I have to agree. I was watching the movie, "The Day after Tomorrow", and living so close to the eastern seaboard, I sure hope the cause of having a seismic shift on the earth's atmosphere doesn't cause us to have an ice age. I really don't think that will happen in our lifetime, but it could. Can you seriously imagine having snow in Mexico?

We have just been enjoying what mother nature has been giving us and taking it all in. It feels odd not using the shovel as much, and as much as the girls like taking turns shoveling snow off the sidewalk...they have accepted that it's probably not going to be used again. We used it one time last week when it snowed early one morning, and by noon it was all gone. That reminded me of our first year living in North Carolina when it snowed a little in 2006, and it all melted by noon! It was bizarre that they were hit with a bunch of snow in 2010. So not normal for the Carolinas.

I count my blessings for at least getting some moisture, and how mother nature keeps God's earth alive and well. That's what keeps this part of the country so green. We tend to be a spoiled universe and I want to appreciate each day that comes with the weather it brings. As long as me, or anyone in my family don't fall ill due to the temperatures dropping up and down...I'll tolerate this rainy/sunny non-winter weather anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment