REPLY

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Birthday weekend at the nation's capitol

My family and I feel so fortunate to live just two hours away from the nations capitol. When my better half has the weekend off we make an effort to take our family to D.C. We have been lucky enough to have gone to the temple at least once a month, and since it was Sierra's birthday weekend we decided to forego the temple this time, and spend the day sightseeing.
view of the Jefferson Memorial building across the Potomac River
We love coming here. We've been here quite a few times, and it never gets old. We have come at times when it's packed when there is tour after tour, but we got lucky and had a chance to take some pictures without any extra bodies in them. I went a little crazy taking pictures with instagram so I hope y'all enjoy these pictures I took.

Noah & Fala-Franklin D. Roosevelt's scottie dog
waiting in line for the soup kitchen to open
We saw both the Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial, and Thomas Jefferson memorial.
Jefferson quote

The girls were obviously in a picture mood today. Sierra never really cared for the instagram app but now absolutely loves it on her iPhone. She too went crazy taking pictures of anything, and everything! Maybe she'll post some on her blog soon.

 These are all my photos (smile.)
Good ol' Teddy


Lovely Eleanor

The hands that bind


I am so glad that Sierra chose to spend her birthday weekend in the nation's capitol. I remember the first time we came here, and how much we really enjoyed seeing history. It truly makes you appreciate all that our forefathers, and war veterans went through. It was when we moved further north that we vowed we would take advantage of visiting D.C. as much as we can. 
overlooking the Potomac river
It's so peaceful to have a picnic, and to overlook the Potomac River that flows through the nation's capitol. I have so much appreciation for the nation's capitol, and for the rights that we have as an American. I'm always moved when I arrive here, and it truly feels like home to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment