REPLY

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A week in review.

On Monday...
Chelsea came home from school, and asked if Lexie can take her and Noah to the park. Normally I don't allow them to go to the park on a school day, but I felt that Noah needed to get out of the house to release some much needed energy, and since I didn't take him out earlier Lexie obliged.

On their way home she found these caterpillars. She was begging me to put them in a jar, and I felt so bad that I said no. I know I wasn't a fun mom on this day so I told her the next time she finds more we will definitely put them in a jar with leaves in hopes that they will transform into a beautiful butterfly. I'm not sure if that will happen, but I guess there is only one way to find out next time she puts them in a jar.

On Tuesday...
This beautiful floral arrangement was sent from grandma and grandpa who live in Utah. The kids always get excited anytime anything arrives with a Utah address. They sent these to her for her winning "Best Piano Soloist" for her high school in her last jazz festival competition. I'm so grateful that they have thoughtful grandparents, and that my husband comes from a wonderful family. We sure are all proud of her. Notice Noah crashed on the couch!

On Wednesday...
Sierra's dress came in today from Utah. Grandma Sue never ceases to amaze me with her talent. She managed to change a "Goodwill" dress into an "ooh la la couture". Her church prom is later on tonight, and you'll see what I mean by the "ooh la la". She really worked a miracle on this one, and it only cost me 15 bucks for the dress, and less than 30 for her to enhance it into a brand new dress. She is going to look so beautiful! She's so excited. Sorry for the teaser picture!

On Thursday...
My day was just not going well.  Ever had days like that? Days in which the weather is not cooperating, and you snap at your children because you only got four hours of sleep the night before. A day in which your mind feels weakened by unresolved issues, and no matter how hard you pray you still feel so vulnerable. A day in which you snap out of it, rely on your spiritual sensitivity, and hope that tomorrow will be a better day with a prayer answered. I've definitely had plenty of those days, and this day was one of them.

I found this plate of chocolate chip cookies on my doorstep along with a sweet note. The LDS sister missionaries were so kind to come by and drop them off. They were really in tune with the spirit because on this day I really needed a reminder that Heavenly Father was indeed listening to my voice, and He did. Receiving something as simple as a card or a plate of cookies can make a huge difference in someone's life.

On Friday...
Noah was a little naughty. While I was blogging I heard the kitchen chair scraping across the tile floor, but I ignored it.  I ignored it because I assumed Noah was just finishing up his lunch, and scooting the chair back into place. What he did was scoot the chair towards the kitchen sink, and I found him a soapy mess! He was trying to get some chips that I keep in a white bread box. He's obviously a little too independent, and didn't want to bother me while I was on the computer. I laughed and hosed him down in the deep sink. He used a lot of dish soap, and a lot of it went inside his mouth.
He also learned that dish soap doesn't taste so good! It does make me feel good that he is even more independent than his sisters when they were his age. Each of them are strong willed and independent in their own way, and that makes me on happy mother. That tells me that I'm doing something right!

Note to self:

*Next time Chelsea (or Noah) come home with a critter I won't be to quick to say "no".


*Next time I'm blogging I need to make sure that the chairs are up on the table, or blog while Noah takes a nap. No more assumptions. 


*Next year I want to attempt to save money again on Sierra's prom dress. It'll be her Senior year, and I want  to make sure that even though it might be second hand, or a dress designed by Grandma Sue that she will LOVE it.


*Always, always pay forward the blessings that I have received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment