REPLY

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A week in review

Last Saturday...
Chelsea went to a birthday party and hung out there for about four hours! She came home  looking like a cast member from CATS. Apparently they painted all the kids faces, and although she looks like a rabid little puppy dog (or cat)... she still looked cute. I usually don't let her stay too long at a party, but since it was the evening of Sierra's church prom I decided to have her stay longer so I could help Sierra get ready. I'm so glad Lexie was there to help take care of Noah while Sierra and I did last minute errands for her prom. See...the five year gap is a blessing! Anyway...Chelsea enjoyed herself at Michael's seventh birthday party. They are such sweet friends
On Sunday...
We had our weekly family home evening, and Noah decided to help on rearranging our names on our FHE board. Alexandra taught the lesson on obedience. I am so glad she taught this lesson, and I hope that my youngest daughter "got it". She's a good kid, but she has her moments of being a sassy seven year old! moments of being seven! Then again lessons on obedience should never be trite because every now and then we all need that extra strength to help us remember.

On Monday...
I bought all the girls new flip flops. Where else can you buy decent flip flops for five bucks? I went to Old Navy and bought all the girls two pairs each. Summer is brutal in this household when it comes to the girls being active, and with two of them going to girls camp this summer-I don't want them taking their nicer flip flops and having them ruined or misplaced. They always look forward to summer because they know that they all get new flip flops. Thank goodness for Old Navy...it truly saves us some dough!

On Tuesday...
Lexie  and I created a reading nook for her and Chelsea to read their books. Their bedroom upstairs is an attic converted into one large room with two small closets. I use one of them for storage, and decorated this one. They have enjoyed going inside to read peacefully. We did our best to decorate it tastefully, and later on we will add somer more decor. Not much to add since it has limited space!
On Wednesday...
We went to see the Phillies play against the Mets. This was out first time going to a major league baseball game and we had a wonderful time. Alexandra had the opportunity to play the national anthem with the rest of the band from her school. It was a nice evening spent with just her. Next time we'll bring the whole family! I know Noah will have a blast watching the game.

On Thursday...
While everyone in South Texas was under a tornado watch, weather here in Jersey was sunny and clear. Noah and I took a stroll to the one near our house! I am taking advantage of every moment with my little boy. He LOVES the park and I am so glad we have one within walking distance. It was such a beautiful day that we could have walked all day! Luckily my friends and family were safe from the tornadoes, and stayed out of harms way.

On Friday...
I hope this part isn't boring for y'all to read but Chelsea wanted me to blog about it. Chelsea and Lexie both have American girl dolls, and love to dress them up and style their hair. We went to Dollar Tree and I found these small hair clips along with hair ties. They are the perfect size for their hair. These dolls are a few years old now, and they sure take care of them. They better because they cost a pretty penny!

Note to self: 

Try not to stress when their is more than one engagement on the same day. May has been a busy month so far, and I need to slow down when it comes to having too many commitments in one week. Next year will be different with Sierra graduating high school.

Continue to have our weekly family home evening. It has been such an important part of our life for the past 10 years, and I'm so glad we honor it. 

Buy more books. I'm so glad my girls love books more than media.

Go to baseball games more often. 

Appreciate the little things, and always remember the moments of Noah in his toddler years-because soon that's all they will be...memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment