REPLY

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A week in review


Last Saturday Jon and I finally watched the Avengers in 3D, and it was awesome! We went the weekend after the premiere, and it was not as packed! We enjoyed our "date night", and had a great evening! I am so thankful to be able to make the time for ourselves so that we can keep our sanity when it comes to parenthood. As much as we love our children we know how important it is to keep that bond between a husband and wife so we attempt to have a date night as much as we can. It was an awesome evening watching a fantastic movie!

Sunday was Mother's day, and I woke up with a lot of beautiful handwritten letters written by my daughters...
from: Sierra
from: Lexie
I had a beautiful Mother's Day and always look forward to this day every year. Reading letters like this reassures me that I am doing a pretty good job in raising my kids, and pray that I will always be a good influence on them in teaching them proper principles. Everyone's letter was so touching. Some were short and sweet like Sierra's, other's were long and heartfelt like Lexie's (I didn't quite fit all of hers in), some were typed because Noah can't write yet, and a drawing illustrated by my youngest daughter with the words I love You is all I needed to hear on this day!
For my mother's day dinner my better half made me Creamy Grilled Chicken Picatta. A recipe that I found on Pinterest. It was delicious, and a lot cheaper than feeding a family of six at Olive Garden! My better half is such a great cook!
On Monday...
It rained and rained all day which normally I don't mind, but it did bug me today. I made a summer bucket list to get me out of the slump, and before my better half went into work he took Noah and I out to eat for lunch at Don Pablos. It is pretty close to any homemade mexican food I am used to (that's just my opinion.)

On Tuesday...
The rain subsided but going to the park was not an option seeing that the grass was still wet. Chelsea and Noah always want to venture outdoors, especially when their olders sisters go to their young women activity at church. We spent the day walking down the bike trail while Noah drove his truck on the pavement. They all had fun even though they didn't get on the monkey bars or slide.

On Wednesday...
My dear friend and I spent the day in New York City and watched Ghost the musical. It was so much fun, and this was such a special post Mother's Day treat for me. I loved every minute of this day!

On Thursday...
I went to the Red White and Blue Thrift store, and found these Rainbow flip flops for two bucks!!!!!! I was seriously thinking of buying brand new ones, but I am so happy that I didn't spend 48 bucks on a pair! Yes...my daughters all own a pair, but believe me these Rainbow flip flops will last you for a long time! I bought Sierra's when she was in eighth grade, and she still has them. They are still in great condition, and doesn't wear them to the beach. That's what the Old Navy flip flops are for.
I also found a new love. Marie Callenders cherry filled pie with Golden Oreo ice cream, and Hershey's Dark Chocolate syrup...yumo!!! I have to be in a certain mood to be able to eat something sweet. It's also nice to be able to splurge every now and then for the kids. I hardly ever buy this stuff, but I was in the mood for it, and I bought it. You should try it!

On Friday...
My eldest, and most beautiful daughter turned 17. There are days when I look at her and still see a little girl running around with curly haired pig tails. She truly is growing up to be such a lovely young daughter of God, and I am truly grateful to have her in my life!

Note to self...

  • Always have a date night at least once a month! It truly makes a huge difference in our life! 
  • Never take my children, and husband for granted...ever! Mother's day comes once a year and raising them year after year that one day makes a huge difference when they show their appreciation! 
  • No matter how cooped up we may feel in the house due to dismal weather snap out of it, and do something fun whether its indoors or outdoors.
  • Always take the little ones out for a stroll in the neighborhood. Even when the rain has stopped.
  • Make a goal to see a broadway show once a year!
  • Always go thrift shopping!
  • Spend more time with my children, and pay attention to the little things they do because before you know it...they will be in college, married, and out of the house doing the same things with their kids that we used to do with them! (Sorry for the fragmented sentence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment