REPLY

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spring concert '12

Highland Regional performed their spring concert this past Tuesday, and it was phenomenal! I really loved it, and everyone did such an amazing job. I'm sure you will love these performances!

Her Chorale teacher decided to do a song at the last minute in which Sierra only had days to prepare, and memorize. She was the pianist while the Chorale was singing "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. As you can see on this video she did a great job, and was really getting into the song while playing the piano. I apologize for not recording it in its entirety. I ran out of memory on my iPhone, and had to quickly delete some old videos! I still hope you'll enjoy what I recorded!

A few of the band members including Sierra decided to entertain the audience during intermission with a spontaneous wrap skit. Everyone was clapping along, and having a good time. For a minute there I felt as if I was watching American Idol...another dream thought I suppose!
Here is the chorale singing "Dias Irae" by W.A. Mozart with Sierra playing the piano:

The jazz band played "Besame Mucho" featuring Sierra on the keyboard, (and I did record it in its entirety!) This is the song in which she won this award, this certificate , and this trophy in which she was recognized by having her name on this announcement board.
She performed so well, and I continue to be in awe with her talent. She had so much fun this year being part of the choir, chorale, and the jazz band. She looks forward to next year, and hopes to win more awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment