REPLY

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A simple note that lead to a new friendship.

Everyone has different trials, and each of us handle it the best way we can. The Lord gives us trials that we can handle, and the ones that I get may not be easy for someone else, and vise versa.

When I go through life's trials I try my very best to not say, "why me." I know that being without a vehicle for the past couple of months has been a challenge, but at the same time has brought forth many blessings into my life.

Blessings such as making another friend. 

There are no coincidences in this life, and I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways. Last week I came home to find a note on my door from someone who was interested in buying our Quest. I put it aside and this morning had the urge to call.

Our phone conversation went from, "Hi, I'm Rose and came home to find the note you left regarding our Quest, and in being interested in buying it" to "thanks for calling, and by the way...if I can't find that Book of Mormon that those missionaries left me long ago...can you send me one?" Time to put those missionaries to work!

I'm blown away at how Heavenly Father puts people in our path for a reason, and how this lady felt prompted to put a note on my door even though we didn't have a FOR SALE sign on the car. We were on the phone for about 40 minutes getting acquainted, and talking about God, life, trials, and other things. We are both about the same age, and have a lot in common. I felt so comfortable in talking to her, and we were even speaking the spanish language! Heck...I feel comfortable talking to anyone! I came home so excited and told my better half about my "gospel sharing moment of the day", and he was happy for me. I love sharing my life's experiences, and how much the gospel has influenced my life for the greater good.

I have also noticed when I am having a rough day, or going through a major trial- sharing the gospel, and serving others helps me to be selfless and not focus on me, me, me.

It's not all about me, it's all about how I can handle myself in any hard situation, and in thinking of others.

I also found this note that made my morning from my youngest daughter...
She obviously feels that everyday should be mother's day, and I loved waking up to this sweet note. I did love the wonderful planter that she gave me in which I neglected to blog about (it's still alive!)
It's the simplest things that make my day even better. I also like what it reads at the bottom-"We serve where you serve". That is so true! She served me this morning, and I served someone else in sharing the gospel.

*Thanks Navy federal credit union for printing that quote on your paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment