REPLY

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The best job.

For the past 12 years I have been a stay at home mom, and I count my blessings for making the choice in staying at home in raising my children, as opposed to working endless hours and never having the time to be there for my kids when they come home. I want to be there when Chelsea gets off the bus, and to be able to greet all our kids when they come home from school. I think about all the things I do on a daily basis as a mother, and as much as I would love putting myself to work in the world I am grateful for the choice I made in staying home to raise my children, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do commend those mothers who have a full time job in a workplace, and yet have a balance as to spending time with their kids, and being involved in their lives as well as being active with their daily activities. I was one of those moms when I had my oldest, but when I had my second daughter I made the choice to stay at home. I do see a difference in my demeanor when I made that decision, and no matter how hard our financial circumstances can get I will always be grateful for the choice I've made in being a stay at home mom. I also see many blessings that come from it.

I find myself interacting with people on a daily basis anyway. I am very active with my church, and try my best to follow up on the things that need to get done. Besides raising our kiddos I try to help the needs of those in my community, my girls schools, and in the church. Sometimes I wonder if I actually had a full time paying job would I be able to do all of those things. Probably...who knows. I know that if i did I would probably grow weary, and never find time to spend with my kids, eat dinner with them, and then life would eventually become numb. I know I would be too busy to cater to my kids when it comes to school, and personal issues. In other words...communication would probably go from a ten to a zero.

Being a stay at home mom also gives me the chance to visit friends who are also homemakers. I go through major withdrawal when I don't visit friends or even those in my church. I love visiting teaching and being able to connect with certain sisters who are in need of service. It truly helps me to be selfless, focused, and uplifts me knowing that I left their home with a smile on their face.

I am on my way to visit one of my lovelies from church while my better half is off from work. He has numerous ways of keeping Noah entertained, and it's not the television or games (well sometimes he'll let him play a game.) I am so grateful to have a husband who is willing to let me do the things that he knows make me happy, and trusts himself enough to spend a long period of time with our son!
Yeah...being a mom is the best job in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment