REPLY

Monday, May 21, 2012

Scenes of a 17th birthday

The morning of Sierra's 17th birthday was sweet and simple. Sierra woke up feeling the same, and didn't feel any different in being a year older. She has had so much on her plate for the past month preparing for her SAT's, and trip to Utah once school is out. She wasn't focusing on gifts, or expecting any major mail from anyone. May 18th seemed like a normal day for her. I often felt that way while I was in my teens, and I still do! I tell Sierra that each birthday is very special because it is the day in which she was born. It is the day in which Heavenly Father trusted me and her dad in being our firstborn to join our family. It is a great blessing in which makes her birthday a very special one. It doesn't matter if your turning seven, 17, or 70! Every birthday is a special one, and I always attempt to make it meaningful.

The weather was perfect so we took the party outdoors-
She received many cards that were meaningful, and hilarious. I think her favorite one was the one that was written by her middle sister Lexie. She is quite the writer, and always has interesting things to write when it comes to giving cards and notes. I did read the letter she was given, and I myself couldn't help but to laugh. It was really cute, and I hope that they don't mind if I share it.
You can see that Sierra is pleased, and that Lexie's letter made her smile!
Dear Sierra, 

Happy 17th birthday! I just wanted to congratulate you because it is the last day you are 16, and now you're 17! I know that will love your gifts. You are a very good sister to me, and are my role model. Guess what! Being 17 means that you can legally drive now! That means we can go out and talk about a lot of things while you drive. I am so glad you are my sister. I know that I will learn a lot from you. Do you know what we need to do? Create a bucket list. Here are a few things on my list: have each of us jump in different taxi's and say, "follow that car". Be each other's bridesmaids. Go-cart racing. Rock climb a mountain. Go bike riding. Baby sit each other's kids. Have dinner with our hubbies. WAIT!! We are still way too young to be thinking of that stuff. This is supposed to be a birthday card, not a bucket list, and not a "wish list". So...Happy Birthday!!

Love-Alex
Goofy sisters wearing matching tie-dye t-shirts they made for a young women activity.
She then opened her gifts, and was so excited when she received a package from Colorado. Her dear friend Elder Evans sent her a t-shirt, gum, and a sweet note. That was very sweet of him to have taken the time during his church mission to think of her on her special day. 

She especially loved the newest songbook from Coldplay. She loves them, and I know that the piano playing will never stop! 
Her grandparents in Utah sent her CTR silver hoops, this great book , and $$$$. She really enjoyed all of her presents, and has such a grateful heart.

We baked her a cake-
she made a wish and blew out her candles-
 and after Noah helped in taking out all of the candles-
 She decided to eat dessert first-
before having dinner at the Pop Shop-
only to be sung "Happy Birthday" to, and eat dessert again!

This day was very fun for her, and she looks forward to being 17 for a whole year! We are so blessed to have her in our lives, and for her siblings to have made it special for her.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sierra! You're lovely as ever, just like I knew you would be with a mama like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On behalf of Sierra we thank you for your sweet comment Casey! I know you're a busy mama with your kiddos, but want you to know how much I appreciate you commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete