REPLY

Friday, March 23, 2012

*The Pop Shop*

What do you do on a beautiful March day in 79 degree weather ? Some of us may have went to the beach or to the park, but instead we ventured out to the one place we should have went to when we first moved to South Jersey.

I can't believe we have lived here for almost four years now, and just now got acquainted with the Pop Shop. When my daughters had piano lessons in the Collingswood area I've always passed by the Pop Shop, but never entered in. I've always heard good things about how wonderful the food, and atmosphere is but just never made the effort to enter in...until today.

The feeling was nostalgic. They have this handmade wire basket covered with bottle caps as you enter in, and the menus are in newspaper form. You can also fill out a slip with your email, and they will give you a 'free gift' for your birthday. We had the opportunity to witness someone's birthday today, and it was so fun.  This is one place to take a loved one on their birthday. I promise you they won't regret it!
There is a wall covered with cool vintage clocks (note Felix the cat from the '50's.) So old, but so cool!
The service was great, and I have to say we had a wonderful waiter. 
They have paper hats for the kiddos to color and decorate, and Noah really enjoyed that. He loves coloring!! Of course I helped him color his hat. We didn't have a variety of colors in the small pail so I did my best in making his hat as colorful as possible.
We had a grand time, and the food...the food was delish!
I had the turkey blt.
Jon had the "Frazer" grilled cheese sandwich, and we had a half order of battered onion rings and french fries. Jon also had a "chocolate" vanilla coke which in my opinion...tasted different. Not to my liking, but he loved it! 
Since Noah's molars are still coming in he began to get moody. All he wanted was for me to hold him. He saw the family sitting next to us order a sundae for their little girl, and Noah was drooling over it. Our wonderful waiter, Brian noticed Noah's tears, and somehow wanted to make his first visit pleasant. I told him about the sundae he was eyeballing, and then he comes back with a small bowl of ice cream. Yep...he worked that tip real good. 
Noah ate that ice cream so fast that he didn't even have a chance to savor it. He did share, and I'm sure the coldness made his gums feel good. 
It has been such a beautiful clear, sunny day, and I am so grateful to have spend it with my better half, and our little boy. It's moments like this in which I treasure. I can't believe Noah will be two and half months in May, and I am enjoying every minute with him. Just going to lunch at a place where locals are familiar with was priceless. I had to blog about this moment, because this moment was very special to me. 
Don't worry girls...we'll make sure we bring y'all next time!
"Don't always feel like we have 'forever' to do things, and put them off for tomorrow. Each day quickly passes us by, and the next thing you know we'll be uttering the words "if only". Let your little one eat ice cream before eating their grilled cheese, (especially if they are teething). Always hug, and hold them. Enjoy sunny days during the winter months. Make an effort to notate the little things, and never take them for granted. Whether it's the weather...or your children."
~Rose

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment