REPLY

Friday, August 7, 2015

GIRLS CAMP '15-ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE.

There's something about the outdoors that brings a bond between my Heavenly Father, and myself. Being surrounded by this beautiful creation called nature uplifts my spirit in every aspect (even when there's bugs, and being covered with bug spray!)

This year was my first year ever to experience girl's camp. Although I love the outdoors I'm not much of a camper, and the fact that we stayed in a cabin was fine by me. I can't say I loved it because I'd be lying but I will say this...I loved the spirit that it brought among the young women, between my daughter and I, and between me, and God. I love the spirit that it brought among the level leaders. I saw a lot of hugs, smiles, and high fives exchanged. I saw in them a maternal part that they didn't leave behind with their own children. Sure they left their young children behind with loved ones to watch over them so that they could embark on this adventure, but what they didn't leave behind was that maternal love.  

And that's what girl's camp should be all about. Love, and spiritual growth. 

For the past four days I have witnessed amazing level leaders expressing a Christlike example of love and kindness to their young women. As a mother it is amazing to see that especially when two of them are looking after my daughter.  I've known some of these young women for a few years, and it is truly amazing to see the spiritual glow they exhibit during camp, and when they return home from camp. I love the camaraderie that girls camp brings, and the friendships that are made. I myself made new friends along the way, and it is always so nice to sit among sisters whom you can truly feel the spirit, and laugh with. 

It is so nice to see the joy and happiness on these girls faces while being surrounded by friends among nature and everything that is good, and that is something that we all need. It truly brings them closer to God, and I know that for me, being here for the first time I really felt an even closer connection to God. Especially with all the devotionals that were given. Listening to them assures me that no matter how imperfect I am, this church is true, and I'm just so grateful to be a part of it. 

What I witnessed this week was nothing but pure joy and fulfillment among these young girls...
 ^^^ ear to ear smiles due to successfully accomplishing their overnight hike in which you can view a snippet of them returning on my Instagram here. ^^^

^^^ can i just tell you how much we love this girl Josa. She's such an amazing girl with a beautiful heart, and an awesome will to be strong! ^^^
 ^^^ There was a time for the girls to have some fun! ^^^ 
^^^ And a time to serve. ^^^

Girls camp is something I wasn't raised with as a youth, and I'm just so grateful that my kids are part of such a wonderful program. I never had the opportunity to attend girls camp with Sierra, but having gone to girls camp this year with my other daughter Lexie was an unspeakable happiness because I love watching her grow spirituality.  Just knowing how she knows how much the Lord loves her, and hearing her bear her testimony and just being around others who share the same standards as her brings me a sense of relief, and gives me a greater hope that I'm doing right by the Lord in raising her the way he'd want me to. So grateful she has the gospel in her life to help guide her through those sometimes rough days in high school, and overall "life." I'm so grateful that Lexie, and all the other youth in the church attended church camp before school starts so that they can be strong, and endure all that this new school year will bring.

Because believe me...they will all need that! 
^^^ Yes...that's me in my camp get up, dark circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep, and shedding a few tears (of joy!) Don't think bright green is my color, (hence the black and white photo), but because I love myself, and my kid I'm posting this pic! Girls camp this year was truly an interesting adventure for me, and an experience I'll never forget! ^^^

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before god at the last day." 
                                                                          (D&C 4:2).

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment