REPLY

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TRANSISTIONING.

Whenever the kids receive letters, or packages in August that pretty much means that summer is quickly coming to an end. It means that it's the beginning of a new year to buy school supplies, underwear, socks, backpacks, and of course clothes. As much as I appreciate all that their grandparents do for our kids I hesitate at the thought of them opening up those parcels. That only means that it's time to make a list, prepare for school, and to slowly say goodbye to summer. 

Summer is quickly winding down, and I can't even begin to fathom that school resumes in a couple of weeks. Every Target, and dollar Tree store have had school supplies on display since the beginning of July. They even have fall items on display which is understandable I guess, because before we know it we'll be craving autumn weather, and carving pumpkins!

I remember the day Noah had his kindergarten orientation, and all I can think about was how well he adjusted to taking off with the other kids, and teachers to show him around. He did well, and I was so glad! I think about him making friends, not just any friends, but the right kind. I wonder if he'll be shy with others because in our house there's no such thing, and he's anything but shy! The fact that he didn't attend preschool outside the home makes me a tad bit nervous, and I hope that he'll remember all that he was taught here in the home. It puts me at ease knowing that because i raised him in the home for the past five years that there's no need to fear. 

One thing for sure is that I will finally make the time to be involved with the PTA, be a parent helper, and lose myself in service at school. The desire to keep myself busy while Noah's in school half a day will help keep me sane from the fact that I no longer have a small child at home to raise. The consensus for me, now that all my kids  are in school is to continue to be a stay at home mom, but at that same be active within my community by doing volunteer work, and possibly beginning to write a memoir about my life. Not sure how that will go, but I'll be working on that from time to time. Noah will attend school half a day this year which will help me catch up on some stuff, but I know that those few hours without him will fly by! One thing for sure is that I will be easing my way into the school year because I want to take the time to familiarize myself with Noah's kindergarten, and I don't want to rush his youth. I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be, and I honestly feel the he's ready for this transition. 

And so am I !

No comments:

Post a Comment