REPLY

Monday, September 14, 2015

BE KIND & EMBRACE LIFE.

Hello, and a happy Monday to all of you. 

Last week I decided to go for a walk at a park where I used to take Noah before he started kindergarten. I was thinking all about the things in my life that have happened which has led up to this day. Going for a walk through the woods can really make you think, and do random things. And so I felt prompted to do a video and share a bit of my story about my suicide attempt back when I was about 15 years old. As I was sitting down on a bench I began to thank God for all the good he has given me. In spite of everything I went through to get me to the place where I am today life has been pretty wonderful. I'm alive, I'm breathing, and although some days are not as bright as I'd like them to be I strive to seek the joy in the little things. One being my kids. And how grateful I am for them. How lucky I am to have survived all that I've endured so that I can have the life I have today with my sweet family. Thank you a million times over to the man upstairs for giving them to me. 

Although World Suicide prevention day was last week, I wanted to share my thoughts, and story with you. Please excuse the pauses, and the umms in this video, because this was done so randomly. I originally was going to just blog about it. This vlog post may not be eloquently spoken, but I hope that my words will somewhat be enticing. For those of you who watch I hope that you will feel the passion, concern, and genuineness in my voice that being kind to everyone you meet even when you don't want to be is important, because you never know what that person is going through. You never know what is going on in their life behind closed doors in their home. You just never know. Kindness can come a long way to a person. Especially when they are a little kid. And when one expresses kindness or even acknowledges you with a smile man, oh man will they realize that there is a God, and that there is a beautiful thing called "life" just waiting to happen!! 

Here is a piece of my story...

No comments:

Post a Comment