REPLY

Monday, January 4, 2016

Mission Call Accomplished: The Philippines.


For the past four months we have patiently been waiting for Sierra to get her mission call, and this past weekend she finally received it! Things happen for good reasons and I'm telling you, when it he comes to heavenly father's plan, everything works out, and there is no denying that He is in charge of our life. I know that everything He has planned out for our daughter is meant to be, and have faith that it'll be in His hands. Words cannot express how excited we are for our sweet Sierra to soon be on the Lord's errand. 

Goodness...I still have butterflies! The day I posted this photo on Instagram I received a call from Sierra later that evening letting me know that she received an envelope that read from the office of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She asked if that could be the envelope with her mission call inside, and I said if it's an eight by ten, white big envelope then yes, that's it! She exclaimed, "it is!", and her dad was like yes! You should've heard the excitement and anxiousness in her voice as we were talking about it. She was so excited to have finally received it. I seriously thought she was going to hyperventilate! I told her to take deep breaths, and that it'll be great news! I asked her if she wanted to wait until Sunday to open it but was so eager to open it that evening. I don't blame her. This waiting game was played for too long, and she totally deserved to open it the day she received it! 

She quickly called a few friends, and they soon gathered with the family at her grandparents house where she's been living since she left Jersey. Because of the two hour time difference she wanted to announce it at approximately 8pm which is 10pm where we live. The only person we were waiting for was her sister Lexie. She was at a birthday party, and luckily it ended at 10 so that she could be home for this exciting event! In no way would she announce it without her sidekick. Lexie finally came home, and we all gathered in front of the computer to await the big news.

Technology is so awesome! It's so nice to be able to see her surrounded by people that love, and support her, and I'm so grateful that she wasn't alone while opening her call. She was so nervous that she couldn't even open the envelope. She had her grandma open it for her because her fingers were shaking! She was that thrilled/excited/enthusiastic/nervous! Name it, she was that adjective. 

Her voice was literally shaking when she announced her call, and for a minute there I thought she was going to faint! The sound in her voice when she mentioned where she'll be serving is proof to me that she decided this all on her own motive and that she is so ready and willing to serve the lord with all her heart, mind, mind, and strength! We are so excited for her, and know that she is on the right track in her life, and that this is where she's supposed to be in her life right now. And that is to serve a church mission. My feelings right now is euphoric, and I still can't seem to get rid of these butterflies in my stomach! It's surreal and I just can't get over it. I've just never experienced this...you know, having a child leaving for 18 months to serve God. I mean, I met the sister missionaries while I was investigating the church, and they totally helped change my life, and to know that our daughter will be doing the same things is so, so, humbling to me! 

I've realized the sacrifices we are going to make so that she will be able to serve, and my thoughts right now are focused on nothing but positivity, joy, but most of all faith. I know that the Lord will guide, and take care of her, and that there is no need for us to worry. I will have to get used to not facetimeing her every other day, texting, and calling her. We'll be okay, and it's a good thing I love to write because she'll be getting good mail every week or so. She reports to the MTC on February 10th which means we have to prepare quickly. She will be getting her passport today, and are looking forward for her to come to our neck of the woods to get her endowments at the DC temple. She sure has faced obstacles in her life, and that is something that she'll be able to apply in her life as she serves, and take what she has learned with her. I know that she'll be guided to those whom she will relate to, and understand their needs. Sierra has a big heart filled with so much compassion. She is going to be amazing! We are so proud of her and the decision she has made to serve The Lord. 

She is has so much of her dad in her when it comes to "being an official missionary" and we are so excited for this chapter to begin in her life as well as ours and to see her prosper, and grow in the gospel while sharing it with the people in the Philippines.

This truly is an amazing start to our 2016. 
See...I was right. Good things do come to those who wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment