REPLY

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Philadelphia Temple Opening In September!

When they first announced a temple being built in Philadelphia I couldn't' believe my ears. I was excited, and happy that the city I moved near to was finally going to have a temple nearby. I was so excited at the fact that I will have one closer to me where I'll be able to go at least once a week. The temple means a lot to me and my family, and we make it a goal to attend the temple as much as we can in D.C. Sure there are times when we are not able to attend as much as we'd like, but our hearts are in the right place, and when we do we take advantage of it, and will spend all day in D.C.

Last week the first presidency of our church announced the open house and dedication dates of the Philadelphia Temple, and September can't come soon enough. We've waited eight years for this to happen, and it's finally happening people!The fact that it'll be dedicated around my birthday is the best gift I can ever receive. And it'll only be 20 minutes away! 20 minutes away y'all! I'm still amazed, and thrilled at that fact!! 

And just look at how gorgeous this building is getting...
Having a temple so close will not only give us the opportunity to attend more, but will also give us the motivation, and that kick in the butt that some of us may need to gain that temple recommend, and go. What a blessing it is to have one so close to us to attend so that we can receive that spiritual nourishment, and gain blessings from attending all at the same time. I know that when I frequent the temple my testimony of Christ, His gospel, the temple, and love for the people that I cross paths with grows. I feel  strengthened, even more ready to commit, and I seriously feel like super woman! I love it, and my kids love it too. 
They love going to the temple with us, and when we come home our whole week, and family life is so much better. But that doesn't always last because the things of the world tend to get in the way of our happiness, so attending the temple as much as we can, and keeping that firm foundation of Christ structured in the home keeps the joy of living a gospel centered life. It also blocks out the negativity that falls onto our lap every so often, and helps us handle the things that are not spiritually uplifting. By going to the temple on a regular basis our thought process becomes clearer, and more focused on what's important. That's what helps keep the joy in being an eternal family long lasting. How grateful we are for that blessing. 
I'll tell ya...seeing that angle moroni at the atop the temple was a sight to see, and a sure sign that the work of the Lord will never cease.

I thank Heavenly Father for blessing the city of brotherly love with a beautiful temple, and it is my hope that we can all attend frequently so that we as brothers and sisters can become more united, and serve the people with love in our hearts for always! 

***Everyone can attend the temple during the open house so I encourage all those to attend. All are welcome, and it would be wonderful if y'all can make it! Open house dates are August 5th util September 3rd so come, and see what it's all about. I promise it'll be an uplifting experience to tour this beautiful building once it's complete! See ya then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment