REPLY

Friday, July 8, 2016

A Shout Out To The LDS Missionaries.


One thing I failed to mention upon moving were the details of our move. I mean, we're just moving and it's not like I'm going to take numerous photos of boxes, and us packing. That would probably be boring to most readers, but what I wanted to write about is "the help" we received. 

In the beginning of packing boxes and piling all the rubber maid bins against the foyer I thought to myself, "we can do this on our own, just the five of us, we don't need any help, we're pros. We've done this before." Now mind you I was thinking this way because Jon and I have moved so many times before (at least 11 times in 21 years) we figured we can do this, but when it came close to the end of our moving date I was beginning to get a little bit overwhelmed and like 21 Pilots "stressed out" that I knew I had to swallow my pride and ask for help. I knew that I needed at least three extra bodies besides my family to help us out to load up boxes and bins into the truck. I was thinking who could possibly help us out two days prior to our move. If you're wondering about my neighbors helping they would have, but most of the neighbors on our block are senior citizens, and my neighbor next door, whom I love to death, was getting married so my last resort was asking members from our church. 

I began scrolling down the directory to see which brethren would actually come serve on a Saturday morning with two days notice. I thought of a few, and got a couple of responses, but only one brother showed up. No biggie. My gratitude kicked in. Then, as Lexie was sweeping up the kitchen she said, "mom call the elder missionaries." It was as if a light bulb clicked in her head, and I was like, "why didn't I think of that?" Well, it's probably because we haven't had any male missionaries in our church for like five years so the term "out of sight, out of mind" was like that towards the missionaries. 

I immediately gave them a call and asked if they could come help us load. They obliged without any hesitation. They even asked us if we'd like more help. I was like, umm, yes!!!  So we had more missionaries come help us, and I was so relieved. It was like an anvil was lifted off my shoulders! 

I'm so grateful that Lexie received that inspiration of telling me to call the missionaries, and for my part in contacting a few brethren. Even though we only had one brother come I was so grateful!! What a blessing it was to have had five men come and help our family move. 

We got everything loaded in the truck within two hours and it was really quick and easy. Even the missionaries and Brother Szary mentioned how our move was the easiest move ever! They said, "you guys have it down." I attest that to years of moving, and only keeping the things that are the necessities of life which makes our move easier! 

My heart swelled with so much appreciation for their service, and I will forever be grateful to them for helping us out at the last minute. 

I want to give another shout out to the  missionaries from our church because if there is one person(s) you can rely on when it comes to a helping hand, call the missionaries. They are really big on service. We were so fortunate to have had them come, and even though I called them a couple days prior to our move, there was no murmuring or, whining. There was laughter, and a lot of action. 

If you follow me on my Snapchat I snapchatted them while they were moving our washer and dryer from the basement and they had the biggest smiles on their face, and were laughing because they were trying to figure out how to get it through the door. Jon helped them out a bit, but the genuine laughter on their faces showed that they didn't mind the sweat, and found joy in helping us move! They all had a great attitude, and they certainly will be blessed for their service.

It is my hope that as our son grows up, and when his time comes to serve a mission that he will always be willing to serve with his heart, and a good attitude! The way he helps me in the house today makes me believe that he's off to a great start! 

If you're interested in contacting the missionaries from our church to meet with them, and to find out more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints just log onto LDS.org. 

Have a wonderful weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment