REPLY

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Labor Day Weekend in New England.

Labor day weekend for us was unforgettable. This is the one holiday where I look forward to a last hurrah before school resumes. And although I'm excited for the kids to start school it's always nice to finish the summer off with a trip where we can relax, eat good food, and enjoy each other's company. Even if our two youngest nag on each other on the drive up the fact that they are in loving arms upon our arrival assures me that their bickering never lasts. And it's all good. 

Here's a little video I made too, you can view it here on vimeo. 


On Sunday we drove by the temple in Connecticut which is located in one of the sweetest towns I know which is Farmington. It's 20 minutes away from Hartford, and this temple is so beautiful, and so white! I love the architecture, and it is so new england! The kids really love and appreciate the temples, and so I captured a few moments of them on the lawn. It's pretty much complete, and will be ready to be open to the public for free tours on September 30 through October 22. So if you live anywhere close to Hartford I encourage you to please attend. We are so excited to attend once it's opened! 
On our way to Maine we made a pit stop in Boston to see the temple there as well. This is one of my favorite temples. We didn't spend too much time here, but were so grateful to have had Rich take our picture for us. While we used our selfie stick to take a picture of us in front of the Connecticut temple it's always nice to have someone get a full photo of all of us with the temple in the background. 
I absolutely love taking photos in front of this sign. This seems to be our usual spot for photos since Noah was a baby. I look back at this post, and can't believe how quickly this boy has grown!!



I also captured a few moments of Noah walking around the temple. He's always willing to strike a pose for me. 
We stopped at a rest stop for potty breaks, and let the kids run around for a bit. I absolutely love this part of Maine. So outdoorsy! Noah saw Smoky, and once again he let me take a picture of him! 

As we were driving towards Cape Neddick we stopped to capture a few moments with this scenery! So picturesque! 

Cape Neddick is one of our favorite places to go and take in the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks. I can tell that it also relaxes the kids. Noah kept saying, "I wish i lived here." He absolutely has a love for the ocean as we all do so. 



We had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants in Kittery. Oh my gosh! I absolutely love this place. The food here is truly authentic to the taste, and the barbacoa here reminds me of home. This mexican restaurant for Maine is perfect! The first time we ate here I was in shock that it was so good. Being mexican-american and from Texas I know how true, authentic mexican food should taste, and this place hit it on the nose! Those tacos are truly loco!! 
My cheat for the entire trip! A sundae split! 
There are two things that the kids look forward to when we come to New England...the temples, and lighthouses. We absolutely love visiting here, and I swear it never gets old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment