REPLY

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Celebrating 45.


This past weekend my dear friend Maggie and I celebrated our 45th birthdays, and it was so much fun! We had a sleepover at her place for my birthday, and then she slept over my house for hers. We stayed up late like a bunch of teenagers laughing and just having a good time. I ended up going to church with her on Sunday, and on our way back to my house had dinner waiting for us cooked by Jon and the kids. BBQ pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole awaited us as we came home. 

Then, came the brownie cake. 
The girls whipped up some brownies thanks to Betty Crocker, and when I pulled out the sparklers Maggie was in awe! She had never seen sparklers on a cake before. I have seen this done on other peoples birthday cake including my own last year, and since I had a ton of sparklers left over thought it would be fun to light them up on the cake! It was so much fun trying to contain them while the family sang happy birthday to us. Here's a short video of it. I cracked up after watching it too many times! 
Maggie was filled with so much joy on this day, and it showed! I love her dearly, and would do anything for her. It's nice to have a friend close by who's known you for half your life, and no matter what will be there for you. I loved her reaction when she opened up her gift too. She's a great cook, and is a hoarder of cookbooks so I gave her this one to add to her collection! 
What a treat it was to celebrate our birthdays together again. We didn't make it to the temple this time, but plan on going next month! We usually go together on our birthdays, or mothers day. I have to say that this was the best weekend ever spent with a wonderful friend! 

Happy Birthday to us, and may we have many more to treasure just like this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment