REPLY

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Temple Day With Some of My Favorite People!

Several missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gathered today at the Philadelphia temple to bid farewell to a few missionaries who are departing home. I met up with one of my many dear friends from my old ward to attend the temple together along with other sister missionaries including Sister Jensen who will be going home next week! 


Sister Jensen is one of the many missionaries going home. She is from Arizona, and although she seems very excited to reunite with her family, she's also going to miss her mission, and missionary buddies. 
And I don't blame her! Missions from what I hear are so great, and I can see how many of them become so excited about sharing the gospel! I love being around them, and the beautiful spirit that they carry. 
One of my many special treats today was meeting Sister Adhikari who is the oldest daughter of "The Humanitarian" Bishnu Adhikari who was featured in the documentary movie "Meet the Mormons." It was such a joy to have seen this young teen on camera, grow up, and to be serving in the Philadelphia Mission! It doesn't surprise me at all that she would be serving a full time mission knowing how her father's example is in serving others.
I'm so glad I made the time to go to the temple today not only to see my dear friend Trish, but to say my "temporary" goodbye to Sister Jensen. Attending the temple today was the best way to have started my day. Not only does my mind become clearer, I am also happy. The temple is a special place where I will return over, and over again, and something that I never want to take for granted. I love the temple and seeing all the missionaries gathering together today reminded me of my own conversion and the time when I would reunite with those missionaries who became an important part of my life throughout my progression in the church. I am so happy for all these missionaries who sacrifice their time to serve selflessly on their own dime for 18-24 months. They are going to be so blessed by sharing the work of the Lord. 
It was an amazing day spent with amazing people in one one of the most beautiful temples in the east. 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment