REPLY

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

25 Years A Latter-Day Saint.

Today marks the 25th anniversary of being a mormon! I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 25 years ago, and it was the greatest thing I ever did. And although I felt that my life was going to be perfect after being baptized I was not at all disappointed when I saw on the second day after my conversion that it wasn't. I have learned throughout my years of being a member of this church, that the way to live a good christian life is by keeping those simple commandments-such as loving one another, treating others with kindness, honoring your parents, and being honest in all that I do. Life is a lot easier when I learned that it's the simplest, most basic things that The Lord has taught us how to be. I will always remember the day my life changed, and you can read my entire conversion story here. 

The friendships I made throughout the church particularly the ones with my husband who I met on his mission, and the two wonderful sisters that helped guide me towards the Savior are the ones I will forever cherish! They taught me all about The Lord, and his gospel with unconditional love, patience, and prayed for me in helping me reach that level of spirituality through the Lord's teachings. I saw a huge difference in my life when I decided to turn my life around. Till this day I am not perfect, but the choices are mine as to how I live. I choose to have joy in my life, and whenever I'm feeling stressed or depressed I have learned to take a turn to the scriptures. To apply them more in my life. To always have hope that things will always get better which they usually do. Attending the temple is another peaceful place I like to go to when I am feeling blue, or seeking solace in a world that is lacking peace. I also love going to the temple when I'm in good spirits. It just uplifts me even more, and strengthens my love for the Lord, and everyone i meet even more. I absolutely cannot imagine my life without the temple, without the Lord, or without my family. 

I know that Jesus Christ laid down His life for ours so that we can be here today to live, and learn. To have challenges so that we can grow from them. I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers because He definitely  heard mine 25 years ago when I was searching for light in my life. So happy to have recently reunited with one of the sisters that taught me the gospel who has become one of my best friends. I am so thankful to God for giving me strength in a life where I felt lost, and alone. Because of Him I know that I can be with my family forever, and feel joy, and peace in a world that is beautiful, yet lacking the things we know that can make everyone happy....which is unity and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment