REPLY

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hoping to be prepared


Are you ready for Hurricane Irene?

You betcha.

I've got my bananas, triscuits, and my string cheese. I've got my corn dogs, three gallons of whole milk, and endless boxes of crackers. (Let's hope our power doesn't go out. I'd hate to drink spoiled milk again and spend another long night with my daddy.)

My sisters have their charged up iPhone's, chocolate candy, and gallons of Alex's Lemonade. Since my mom grew up in hurricane alley...she has extra batteries for her camera, flashlights, some chewing gum, diet coke, and at least 20,000 books to read!

My daddy...well, he says he doesn't really need anything (except mints.) 

Although we are 45 minutes away from the beach...we hope it doesn't hit our area. Daddy didn't go out to buy any plywood to board up our windows. (He's too busy pulling a lot of overtime at work.) Anyway, he doesn't think we'll severely get hit by Irene (neither does my mom), so he didn't spend any money on that. So far all we are getting is rain...which we don't mind.

I still hope it doesn't hit Atlantic City too hard...or any other place.

God bless you all who are on the path of Hurricane Katrina...I mean Irene!

No comments:

Post a Comment