REPLY

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A long night


Why is it that whenever Sierra goes off to camp or any other church related activity one of the kiddos becomes ill. What's more bizarre, (and I see this as a positive thing) is when one of the children do become ill...my husband is off of work, and that is a huge blessing for me. Especially when you have two other children in the house to take care of.

This time it was little Noah. He began throwing up late Monday night, and we tried to figure out what the culprit was. It turned out to be milk that was left out all night without being refrigerated. I was surprised he drank it because usually he will take a sip of his cup, and if it tastes bad he won't drink it. As I re-tracked back to what he ate earlier in the day... that is the only thing that turned up which was yucky!

He was still throwing up yesterday, but still doesn't seem like himself today. Jon was my hero in staying up all night while he was throwing up. They both stayed in the living room and slept on the yellow mat. This is the yellow mat that is used when one becomes ill, and has the need to throw up. We are slowly giving him fluids and some crackers. My poor babe, he's probably lost a pound or two with all the hurling he did. I know there will be a lot of sleeping today. 

The girls and I have learned our lesson in making sure to check all the cups for spoiled milk before handing it over to him. This rarely happens in our family among the kids. I think all of our girls have had their share of eating or drinking something bad which caused them to become sick. Let's hope this doesn't cycle! It's exhausting when you have a little one sick.

So, for all the mothers (and dad's) out there-when you give your babe some milk in a cup... make sure it's fresh, and that it wasn't left out all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment