REPLY

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Modest Fashion Show



"Modest is Hottest, Ladies. "I find the whole concept of being 'sexy' embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographers, people desperately want to change me-dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there's the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that's not me. I feel uncomfortable. I'd never go out in a mini-skirt. It's nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn't do that. Personally, I don't actually think it's even that sexy. What's sexy about saying, "I'm here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I've got?" My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder."
~Emma Watson


This past week Sierra put together a fashion show for the Young Women at our church. She did it as a project for her Personal progress, and I think it turned out great.

 Most of the young women participated and I can see that they all had fun with it. I was the MC and I enjoyed hosting for my daughter. I guess all those years of attending fashion shows in which my girls were in really helped me as to how to describe their clothing with pizzazz!

Here are some of the highlights of that evening...

SPRING


SUMMER
FALL
WINTER
 SPORTSWEAR...Go Phillies!
FORMAL WEAR

and last but not least...a MODEST MOM and the 
Young Women President sporting casual wear...
I am really grateful that Sierra chose this as her project.
Like Emma Watson...she exemplifies modesty in its truest form.
There is no need to bare your midriff, or wear what 'the world' expects you to wear.
 Dress modestly, and you will be more respected in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment