REPLY

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Helping hands

The past two days have been really nice to do yard work. The weather has been at about 85 degrees with very little humidity. Our grass has to be mowed at least twice a week! We love the rain and having green grass, but it's a pain to be mowing it all the time. Jon mows it on his days off, and today was the day. He planned to do it on Tuesday, but we both tended to Noah instead due to his illness (which was more important!) I should probably do my part in mowing the lawn too, but in my opinion...that's a man's job. I'll stick to the raking, planting, and pulling of weeds. Luckily I have my little helper who likes to pick up the clumps of grass afterwards. She says it's good therapy for her. (I think she's heard that phrase from me.) Lexie will sometimes help, but today it was just Chelsea and she didn't mind. 

She was glad it wasn't too hot and humid today. On days like today she didn't mind picking up the clumps of grass. The best part of helping out in the yard are the little $$earnings$$ she gets from helping out in the yard. 

I also explained to her that it's part of service in the Lord's name, and how she is serving both her Father in Heaven and her father here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment