REPLY

Friday, August 19, 2011

August Rain

This is the plant in which the Primary passed out as a tiny seed back in late April. Lexie has taken really good care of it, and I can't believe how nice the daisies are blooming. She never needs to be reminded in being responsible for watering her own plants. For the past week she didn't have to worry about watering it because of the constant rainstorms we've been having. The rain has been doing it for her.

 As I wrote in one of my previous blog posts...I grew up in Hurricane alley in South Texas so I don't mind the rain. I don't mind driving in it, I don't mind the girls playing in it, and I don't mind not watering our grass, plants, or washing our car. We are totally saving on our water bill which is a plus!

Chelsea has a field day when it rains. She seems to be the only one at the moment who doesn't mind being drenched with rain and getting herself all soaked. The sun is out now, and it's time to take advantage of today before the rain starts up again. We are expecting more rainstorms this weekend as well into next week! 

It'll be interesting to see how long Lexie's plant survives. They've never thrived this long. It goes to show that her little green thumb is improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment