REPLY

Saturday, April 21, 2012

And the award for best solo goes to...

It was 11:00 at night when I heard a car door slam from outside the house, and the sound of my eldest daughter's voice happily saying, (and with a giggle), "thanks for the ride, see ya tomorrow." With everyone asleep I hurried to unlock the door for her to greet her home. I noticed something in her hand, and sure enough she came home with this:
We stayed up for an extra hour talking about the competition, and all the schools they played against. She told me how her fellow musicians didn't think they would win because another school seemed to have performed better. Their woeful faces changed into jolly faces when the MC began to say a word that began with an "H" which was Highland high school. She mentioned how everyone was screaming, and jumping for joy as if they were at the music awards. It was so nice to have stayed up with her talking about her special evening with the rest of the band. It was also bittersweet for her because this was their last jazz festival competition of the season. 
  There were eight schools that performed, and their high school won for best rhythm section. Sierra won for Best Soloist, and she continues to dazzle everyone with her talent. I had a feeling that she would be receiving another award, and I was right. 
In every competition she has won each time, and we are so proud of her. She looks forward to being in the jazz band again next year as a SENIOR (yikes!), and hopes to win more trophy's, scholarships, certificates, and plaques.

Like I wrote in one of my previous posts..those piano lessons are seriously paying off!
She truly is a gifted pianist!

Click here  to watch her play her solo...her fingers made me tired at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment