REPLY

Friday, April 6, 2012

Heaven is here...on earth.

This past week has still been pretty emotional for me. Losing a child is something I don't ever want to experience, and reading this book just causes more tears to my eyes (joyful ones though.)

As I was sitting in the chapel praying and pondering for the loss of Jay & Eliza's child, I couldn't help but to think it could have been one of our own. I'm so thankful that my husband was there to comfort me. I wanted to be strong for the family, but I couldn't hold in the tears. Attending this service helped me reevaluate my life with my friends and family who live far away. It made me think of friends of mine who have just had a baby, or are expecting a baby. It made think of how fragile life is especially when we take it for granted. I pray that as parents we will spend every waking, fussy moment with our precious babies no matter how old they are. Life is too precious for it to go to waste in this life. 

It was a beautiful service, and Eliza and Jay's strength is amazing. I know the strength that they carried that day is because of all the prayers that y'all said on their behalf, and I want to thank you for that. Prayer is a powerful tool which will help build up their hope, and have peace knowing that families are forever. The quote that I wrote on my blog the day of 'lil John's funeral is a sure sign that they will be able to raise their son in heaven. I am also happy to know that he is buried in a cemetery a couple of blocks away from our home. It gives us the opportunity to visit 'lil John more often.

Prayer is a miraculous thing which brings me to this story of strength, and courage. I was so thrilled when I received the book the other day!

Everyone has their own trials, and we all handle them differently. Our experiences are the not the same as everyone else's. Some trials that are easier for me to handle may be harder for others, and vice versa. This story in particular has given me so much hope... just in case the inevitable happens. I would never want to experience what Stephanie & Mr. Nielson experienced, but their example of faith, and courage is all that I needed to see and read. No one wants to go through any kind of heartache when you are in a coma for so many months not being able to see your children, and having to relearn everything once you wake up.

This book is so inspiring that it motivates me to be a better wife, mother, and to never take the love that I have for my family for granted. There were moments in which the book brought laughter, smiles, and tears...SO MANY TEARS! Having read this book continues to give me the motivation to continue to blog my heart out about our children, faith, trials, adventures, and all the goofy things that they do. It also is a strength to me to know that the Lord truly loves us, and knows our trials. No matter what obstacles come our way it is always possible to have our home be a haven of heaven.

I encourage you to read it if you haven't already. It truly is a story of faith, triumph, hope, and LOVE.
almost finished!
And there is a lot of that in it (wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment