REPLY

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thoughts on General Conference

"To those that judge others, I offer this prophetic advice,
Stop it!"
 -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
In all the years I have attended General Conference this one felt somewhat personal for me. Actually...a little too personal, and I didn't want it to end. I am so grateful that I am a member of a wonderful church in which we have a living prophet that guides us and leads us to a path of righteousness. Listening to all the talks this past weekend was insightful, and something that I really needed to hear. Although I feel as if I have caught the "vision" of a lot of great things in the church I know I can still learn, and grow from the various talks that were said today, and yesterday. I know that these men are apostles of the Lord, and the things that they talked about came directly from the spirit of God. 

Although Elder Holland is my favorite...I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk about how we need to STOP IT! We need to seriously stop behaving in such a manner that is not Christlike. That's not who we are, and as mormons that is definitely not the way we should be! I know that I have been guilty of "small" acts of negativity, but I also know that it goes both ways. I pray that the causes of my negativity also reflect on the other individual that caused me to be negative, and that they too heeded his words. Just because we are not perfect doesn't mean that we should justify our negative behavior, and it's no excuse to behave so rudely, and be judgmental. I have a choice, and I choose to love unconditionally without holding any kind of bitterness, grudge, or contentious behavior. I do love everyone...including you! 

This whole weekend was so joyful for me, and I loved how it reflected on my kids. It's not temple square, but I'm grateful to have a church building in which we can drive to watch conference on the big screen, and then go home to gather our thoughts, and talk about the things we would like to improve. 

The spirit was so strong, and I am grateful for my family. I love them so much, and I am so thankful for the eternal perspective of families being together forever. I wouldn't have it any other way. I really enjoyed this season's conference talks and look forward to our next one in October. 
my future missionary

See ya in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment