REPLY

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter

This past Easter Sunday was filled with spiritual talks at our church, candy, cascarones, our little boy sporting his first blazer, an egg hunt, a short nap, and an early drive to New York City where we stayed overnight at a hotel near the East River (blog post soon to come.)

Spending time with my family brings me so much happiness to my life. Listening to the talks at church continues to testify to me that I am where I want to be in my life, and helps me make my life become a good story. It makes me proud to be a mormon (although we prefer to say "a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints".) I always, always feel inspired every time I leave the chapel, and that day was so beautiful. Each year is fleeting, and each year the youth in our children continues to fade away. I want to treasure every single second I have with them through words, and pictures. 
We tried to keep the day as spiritual as possible, and focused on the resurrection. Besides giving our kids their Easter treats, and cracking cascarones on each others heads we also had our traditional Easter egg hunt in which I put pieces of paper of "The Story of Jesus Christ" inside the eggs. The best part of the hunt is at the end...whoever finds the empty egg (which signifies the empty tomb) gets a special treat. Sierra & Lexie helped hide the eggs which only leaves Chelsea & Noah to hunt for them.

The one that found the empty egg was...
 NOAH! (okay so the girls helped him a little.)

Noah DID NOT like it when daddy cracked a cascarone on my head!
I have to admit that while we try to keep the focus on the resurrection... this is such a fun tradition. It is one great thing that my culture invented in which I grew up with. I will always make cascarones no matter how time consuming it may be to carefully make a small hole in the egg, empty out the yolk, wash it out, let them dry, dye them or paint them with markers, add confetti, and voila...crack them on those heads that you love! It's so much fun!

We sure had a blast, and I just loved seeing our little boy dressed up in his first blazerwhite shirt, tie, skinny jeans, and his grey converse. A sister at church said he looked like The Beatles with his skinny jeans, & all. It was so sweet, and I took it as a compliment.

What a day it was, and I am so thankful for it. Days like this never get old. Just like CHRISTmas, Easter is something we look forward to every year in remembrance of the Savior. It's all worth it especially when our little boy comes down from his sugar rush from all the candy his nursery leaders gave him, and sits quietly on his way home from church.
The truth is...he was getting all rested up for what was about to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment