REPLY

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Knitting in the spring

Lexie's stash of yarn & knitting needles (including mine by Cath Kidston)
Dear Lexie,

Can I just tell you how happy I am that you really put your heart into crocheting & knitting. Joining the young women has sure got you hooked on what is to come that is crafty. I love that you make the time and effort to crochet, and sometimes knit. I know we talked about knitting scarves and hats for the family for Christmas last year, and I'm sorry that we didn't put too much time in for that. We will definitely attempt to do that this year! Hopefully Sierra and Chelsea will join in too!

I never learned how to knit as a young girl, but I do remember covering wire hangers with yarn. Your great- grandmother showed me how. That is the only memory I have of my grandmother teaching me how to be crafty. She was big into sewing, but never taught me. I don't think she ever taught abuela either. I remember your abuela always hemming brand new pants if they were too long, and mending our clothing. She never owned a sewing machine, but I could tell that she wished she had.

I promise we will get a new sewing machine soon! Dad said so himself hopefully for my Mother's day...if not for sure on my birthday!


So let's get ready to SEW, SEW, SEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment