REPLY

Friday, April 13, 2012

Beacon's closet, & the East river

When I wrote my only post about thrift shopping a couple of weeks ago I was really interested in scoping out some of the consignment shops in the village. One of the shops that we heard about was Beacon's Closet. They have three locations in New York City and we went to the one in Brooklyn. For those of you who live in Jersey it's kind of like Plato's Closet without the Hollister & Aeropostle brands. I actually prefer this kind of store, and clothing because everything that comes in is vintage. I wish I would have taken pictures of some of the dresses I tried on, but my waist is not a 26 anymore!! They fit Sierra too big, and were too tight on me. I guess women back in the 50's didn't have big waists or chests! Oh well, I think that is another sign telling me to wean my almost two and half year old from nursing! Unfortunately we left with nothing.

The East river is a nice area where they have a mini park and benches to sit down on. You can relax, and take in the sounds of the water hitting against the rocks. There is also a ferry that launched last summer in which the ferry currently stops at seven sites in the Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens river fronts. It is only $4 dollars per person, and if you wanted to you can ride all day out on the sea. It's like a water taxi, and next time instead of driving into Manhattan we'll take the ferry.

This day was so windy that I couldn't keep my hair out of my face. I swear my hair looks like a rockers from an 80's band in this picture!

And why do kids insist on posing with the goofiest expressions on their face. I didn't know that Sierra was making these faces behind my back. I have to admit though she was pretty cute in being silly...

There is something that brings out the wild in all of us when we venture out as a family...especially when we come to the city. We are full of excitement and awe every time we go out, and come here. I think it's because New York is definitely a place where no one really cares what you wear, or how you look like. Everyone has their own destination in where they are going, and in a sense don't really pay attention to you. My girls are carefree whenever we venture out as a family, and when we come to New York...they do just that. 

Of course the expression on my face was the same in all of the these photos except this one. I love spending time with all of my kids, but when it comes to Sierra...she can sure be a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment