REPLY

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I am 40

I was six months old in this photo. I wish I can say I had more baby pictures of me, but I don't. I wish I had more tangible photos of my youth, but unfortunately my mother wasn't a scrapbooker, and she only managed to save a few. I only have two pictures of me when I was in elementary school. 

Oh that hair! What happened to the cute wavy hair I was born with? It sure turned into a bushy do!
 I don't have any pictures of me in high school except a group photo of me when I was in Drill Team.
  To be honest, my mother never wanted to spend the money on school pictures. She said they were too expensive so these will have to suffice...


I'm definitely saving these for my posterity!

These pictures were taken when I was 22 years old. I moved to Salt Lake City after I joined the LDS church and as I walked inside American Express for my interview, the lady who was about to interview me told me that I should be modeling and not working for any company. She gave me the address to McCarty Agency and I immediately drove over there. I must have been confident because as soon as she handed me their business card I drove straight over, and boy were they pretty excited when I walked in there! They immediately chose a photographer for me, and put me to work. It was so much fun and I truly had the time of my life. I was so humbled that I had the opportunity to do some modeling in my lifetime. I didn't pursue modeling because I got married and had kids...plus I felt I was too short. Face it, there was no America's Top Model 20 years ago, and even if there was I probably wouldn't have gone for it. I was humbled and grateful that I was able to have fun with it even if it was for a couple of years. I loved all the clothes I was able to keep, and it was surreal to see myself in a magazine for Bridgewater Commons which is a mall in North Jersey. It's so ironic that I live here now! It was an enjoyable part of my life and I'll never forget it.

Me today...
On my 40th birthday (my husband's the photographer)

I give thanks to my Heavenly Father who has given me 40 years to live, and for my family who makes life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment