REPLY

Monday, December 30, 2013

An expression of our faith

Anticipation, & excitement always linger within me as I wake up knowing that we are going to start our day with a visit to a special place where we feel at home, and help our kindred dead. The excitement increases as we're driving toward Washington D.C. especially when we're crossing the last bridge paying the last toll all the while Noah & Chelsea keep saying, "where is it, where is it, I can't see it yet!" And then, there it stands...we see the tall golden spires that accentuates the beauty of this beautiful building from the freeway & like a small child I am squealing with delight!

We turn onto Beach drive passing by a walking trail alongside beautiful homes, but the one that stands out is The House of The Lord. We enter the gates toward this beautiful building & find a parking space. In my mind I'm quietly thanking God for arriving in safety. We get out of the car & take in the spirit that are on the temple grounds & with a thankful heart walk toward the temple. I read on the concrete walls of this magnificent building that says... "The House of The Lord." 

Jon & I are smiling as we see our four children excited to be here too. We say our goodbyes for two hours & see them walking toward the visitors center knowing that in their own way they will be spiritually uplifted. It is such a beautiful sight to see all of them getting along (especially Noah & Chelsea) holding hands smiling with glee. When I see that I know that they are already feeling that special presence that lingers all over the temple grounds, and that they are feeling the spirit in their own way. 
And no matter how much I feel like life is weighing me down I am grateful to have a safe haven of peace to come "home" to feel of God's love & peaceful spirit. Even if it's only for a few hours. I sit quietly inside the temple with my eternal companion & we are at peace. There is no noise, just stillness. There is no disagreeing, just agreeing, there is no contention, just love. There is no sadness, just happiness. And sometimes there are tears...the joyful kind. 

All the while as I'm sitting in the temple waiting for the session to begin my heart is filling up with gratitude. Thanking God that we made it yet again to His house. I can feel my heart palpitating. After 11 years it always seems as if I'm entering the temple for the first time. That's how different & special this building means to me. Even after exiting the building I know that everything I just experienced was true & done out of the goodness of my heart knowing that the blessings will come...according to my faithfulness. 

Entering the "House of The Lord" is just as it reads... It truly is the House of the Lord.

I am so grateful that we took the time during the holiday season to be here to receive these sacred blessings. Attending the temple plays a huge role in my life, one that I am passionate about. The Lord has given me so much in my life to live for, to learn, to grow, and by attending the temple I feel my faith increasing. Going to the temple is an expression of our faith. One that I will continue to do as long as I live. Jon and I couldn't have spent our last weekend of 2013 doing anything else, but expressing our love to the Lord, and those who have passed on by attending His Holy house in feeling all of the love that permeates throughout the walls of this building. 

As we were leaving I paused to read this quote, and it will be stuck with me every time we enter the temple. 

"Enter this door
As if the floor were gold
And every wall of jewels all of wealth untold 
As if a choir in robes of fire 
were singing here
Nor shout,
Nor rush,
but, hush...
For God is here."
~President Spencer W. Kimball
Washington Temple Dedication

I never want to rush out of this house. As a matter of fact, sometimes...I never want to leave. 

Have a wonderful week, and a blessed 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment