REPLY

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

yoga is a wonder.

So this month Chelsea has had a fixation on doing yoga. She has always loved it ever since I introduced it to her three years ago. But my lazy butt has long since stuck to it. As for Chelsea it has been on her mind since the day I introduced it to her.

Her routine is this...she comes home from school to have a snack, do her homework, practice her scales on the piano, and do a little bit of yoga. She borrows my mat, and I told her to go ahead and have it. It gives me an excuse to buy another one because I've had that one for so many years. I can see the look on her face when she grabs it out of the front closet as if she's accomplished a huge goal, or won a medal. So cute, and her face looked so confident. She looks so forward to doing it. Unfortunately there are days where she won't do it because well...Noah will bug, and get in her way.
Regardless...she finds a way to accomplish it, and fit it in her schedule. 

A few days before she started up her yoga I had read this post on how yoga/meditation is good for kids, and how it can relieve any stress, or worry from their little bodies. I know it's true because when I was a yoga freak I remember how great it felt after doing a workout! It totally makes sense as to how it would be the same for kids, and man...I have seen some progress in Chelsea's behavior since she's been doing it. 

She seems to be more patient, kind, not yelling at or taunting her little brother, not throwing small fits of rage because her homework, or school project isn't perfect! 

I mean seriously, yoga is the bomb!!

Plus...it is wonderful on your body. Totally stretches out your muscles, and your body feels reformed. I really need to get back into it, and I'm so grateful that Chelsea is doing it. 

Just look at her go.
I can assure you that we can all use some sort of stress reliever during the holidays. What better time to start a new years resolution than now. 

I am. 

Chelsea...she sure is my little motivator when it comes to exercise!

**You can check us out doing a little yoga together here, and with Lexie here

No comments:

Post a Comment