REPLY

Monday, December 2, 2013

December is rad!

I really, really liked this past thanksgiving weekend...like a lot! And it was rad! The fact that I had all my family here makes it perfect. I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed with my family, but in a good way. 

Here's why...

I didn't have too many Thanksgivings, or Christmases where there was laughing, goofiness, piano playing, dancing, and let's be honest...excessive talking about everything and anything. 

I have learned throughout the years especially with two teenagers to really be there for them. I mean really be there. No yelling at them, no ignoring them, always caring for them, and most importantly...always listening to them. 

When I see Jon and the kids communicating so well about books their reading, school, how to cook this, and make that, & life...it fills my heart with so much joy because again...I didn't have any father figure like that in my younger years. I did in my older years, but not when I was a toddler, elementary age, or a teenager. 

So thankful that my kids have one, and that he is here to stay forever!! 

No matter what spills we have as a family (and we have quite a few) we always manage to work them out, talk about it, forgive, and at the end of the day express nothing but love to each other. 

Because that is what Christmas, and living this life is all about. 

Last night I pulled out my Mary Engelbreit ornaments (which I've had for years), and every year we put up a small tree, and Chelsea and Noah will decorate it. 
Noah is at an age where he recognizes Santa, the baby Jesus, and that ornaments are not toys. Makes me feel more secure to put out "heirlooms" that are old because I would like to pass it to them when they are older. 

And with Sierra and Lexie singing Christmas songs while playing the piano is a sure sign that the Christmas season has already begun. 

The past four days was filled with pure awesomeness & I hope that this month will go by super slow. I love, love this time of year, and look forward to all the joy that this season brings to each and every one of us. 

And so I leave you with Chelsea singing six seconds of ""Santa Baby" whom was oblivious while vining her. 

Happy Monday!
**Let's bring on the Christmas season**

No comments:

Post a Comment