REPLY

Friday, December 27, 2013

Northlandz

The day after Christmas we headed towards Northlandz in Flemington to take Noah & Chelsea to see the "world's largest miniature railroad" exhibit. One of my friends whose son is a train lover told me about this place a while back, and was kind enough to give us a coupon so that we could go! Oh my gosh...can I just tell you how perfect this place is. I was in awe with the design, and how they put this vast indoor train set filled with miniature trains of every kind together! Everything was made with paper mache, and it was very well built. From replicas of a golf course in Scotland to small coal mining towns. Exaggerated landscapes of a mountain top, bridges made of pieces of wood, buildings, and a ton of lichen trees made up this "view of the world" railroad track. I swear they thought up of every scenario in the book. It was whimsical, and sort of comical at the same time. It was definitely entertaining, and the eight miles of track is so worth going...especially if you have a toddler. 
Ever since Noah was a year old he has been fascinated with trains, and had such a blast here. The fact that we live in the east coast surrounded by train stations has increased his love for trains even more. The older he gets, the more obsessed he becomes. He was so eager to see everything in detail. There were moments where we had to pause every few seconds so that I can see what he is looking at. He would constantly tell me that he'd like a train set exactly like that. I responded with an answer which made him pout a bit. I told him we'd have to have a huge house to fit in such a huge railroad exhibit like this. I said to him that maybe next year Santa will give him a decent size electric train set for christmas! After completing 25% of the tour his resilience kicked in. He stopped pouting, & hounding me about getting him a train set like that! Phew! I'm telling you...he was so excited to just be here. Even Jon was mesmerized by the way it was set up. The mountains, bridges, and just seeing the trains pass us by was such a sight. I was very impressed.
^^ one of my favorite moments was a replica of the city! These amazing skyscrapers were amazing! ^^
Our day was complete by going on a train ride after the tour. These two were mesmerized by it. Noah was like a statue kneeling like this the whole ride through. I could tell from sitting behind him that he was taking in every moment of being on a train, and watching very carefully how it rides on a huge track. He was concentrating more on the tracks than the deer we passed by. 
If we could come here every week we could. Too bad they don't have membership. One thing for sure...we will return again in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment