REPLY

Saturday, December 7, 2013

a mommy daughter date: Frozen in 3D!

I have been having a bit of a guilty conscience lately with not having enough mommy/daughter dates with my youngest daughter. See...when you have three daughters it's not always easy to find one on one time with them. Sometimes I end up taking either two or all of them together on an outing. Whether it's going out to dinner, a movie, or even a trip to NYC. Actually...we all go as a family when we venture out there!

So I have made a resolution, and I've started it a few weeks early to take all of my girls on a mother/daughter date. Just us. Individually. Me and Chelsea. Me and Lexie. And me and Sierra. Oh...I can't forget my little man Noah, but our dates are spent all alone together for eight hours every day! Still...one of these days I want to take him out on a date in the evening too! I know Jon will take over in that department as he grows older, and dates with mama and papa will be overloaded with our little guy!

Last night I decided to take Chelsea to see Frozen. I didn't order tickets online, and after a long day of shopping for paper products for our church Christmas party, and other things I didn't make the time to get online to buy tickets for the show. We arrived and saw that the 2D show was sold out, and there was nothing left but 3D. Chelsea didn't want to wait for the 9pm 2D showing, and so we stood there pondering for a minute. Although I'm not too fond of 3D movies or wearing those dumb glasses I bit the bullet, and went ahead and saw it in 3D. Ah...the things we do for our kids!
We love the AMC theatre in Marlton because they have reclining leather seats, and it feels as if you are in the comforts of you own home watching a great movie on a big screen. We were so excited to have watched the show, and the glasses didn't seem to bother me as much. This movie was so cute, funny, some sad scenes, but had a magical happy ending. Don't all Disney movies do?

I'm so glad to make the time, and effort to have individual mother/daughter dates with all my girls. Again...this is something that I didn't have growing up. I mean I remember watching movies with my mom, shopping at Bealls, and eating at Big Cheese pizza in Calallen (are they still even around?), but there is something about having that one on one girl time. Talking about what they want to discuss, and listening to them. Not being short with them, and just listening to them (had to rewrite that so that I can hear myself, and really listen to them!) I know that it's so important to have those special intimate moments with them. Moments that will give us time to talk about anything in their personal life (I sometimes notice they find it easier to tell me something personal if it's between us), to bond, and for them to know that I love them so much. Giving equal time to each child is important to me, and I want this to go on even when they are married, old, and gray!

Looking at my sisters Facebook wall with written statuses of having date nights with our mother gives me hope that it will last a lifetime. Makes me miss them. So happy to see that they take the time to spend time together even though they are clear in their 40's and almost 70!! Oh dear! 70, and still in the best shape ever!

Mommy and daughter dates are truly the best thing ever. We just have to invent it ourselves. And when you go out to share those intimate moments, know that it's also all in the name of fun!

**Have a lovely weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment