REPLY

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

a day at the popcorn park zoo.

This past Saturday we spent most of the day at the Popcorn Park zoo. We've been here a few times, and each year I'll say "okay, been there done that" but the price is too good to pass up. At five bucks a person you get to see a variety of animals that have been rescued that are trying to start a new life. Maybe that's why I like coming here with the kids. These animals were saved,and like me I was once saved too! The weather was glorious, and because it's a small zoo there aren't too many animals, but remember...this is a refuge for animals so it's not like the Philly Zoo. There are less crowds, and because it's out in the boonies we have the chance to go for a nice drive.

Peacocks roam around all over the zoo, and their so beautiful. I love it when the male peacock flamboyantly shows off its feathers so they can attract the females. 

Lexie is such a huge helper with Noah. I'd always ask if him if he wanted me to hold him, and he'd always say, "I want Lexie mommy, Lexie." So cute! Gives me a little break from my 42 year old back! 
Horses are the girls favorite. When we lived in North Carolina we lived in an equestrian area and always wanted to get them into horseback riding, but it was either music lessons or riding lessons. I couldn't afford to do both for three girls! It's so nice to have a friend here in Jersey where we can go and ride her horse every summer. 
I wish I could have taken these goslings home, and I love how the mother was so protective of them Every time I zoomed in to get a closer look at them she''d hiss at me. Hey, I don't blame her. She's protecting her babies, and I'd so the same thing. But look at them...they're sooooo so cute. 
It was such beautiful day, and I'm so glad that summer is approaching us. We love the outdoors even when it's hot. We miss Sierra as always, and hope that she'll be out sometime this summer to join in on our adventures just like old times. This was a really happy "mommy" moment for me to spend with my kids the day before Mother's Day.

**You can see the other times we've visited this zoo here, ( Noah looks so little!), and here when we took him all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment