REPLY

Friday, May 16, 2014

pre school screening.

Earlier last month Noah had taken a preschool screening test for preschool this fall. This program is half a day which I love, but the only downside to it is that they will only choose 12 kids, and do it by  lottery. He's an "old four year old" who has yet to experience a major schoolroom setting, and if he only turned five before November he could officially start kindergarten. So it would be nice if he gets in, but if he doesn't that's okay because that gives me a another year to have him all to myself. Most moms may want their kid to start preschool at a young age, but not me. See...I really wish I could have one more child, but I seriously don't think that's going to happen. I think my clock has run out of time, and at the age of 42 my satisfaction of being able to create a son has reached an all-time high, but how nice it would be if Noah had a brother. I am grateful for this little guy, and that my days spent with  him continue to be glorious added with a side of small stress, and some sprinkles of sunshine. So if he doesn't get selected I won't mind it one bit. 
^^^ Noah listening with intent as the teacher quizzes him for preschool. ^^^
He is sharp as a whip, and the lady that tested him was kind, but had some sternness in her. You can tell she meant business while testing him because when she'd ask him questions, and he wouldn't answer her right away she'd call his name out again, and then he'd look right at her and answer. She only had to do that once, and he "got the picture." Literally. (No seriously...she was showing him pictures of animals, numbers, colors, parts of the body, etc.) He knew then that she meant business, and that this lady was going to see if he is capable, and "smart enough" to go to school so that he can be able to help other kids who have learning disabilities. That's what I love about this program. The kids that are chosen will help mentor those kids with special needs that are already enrolled in the class. I think Noah would be a perfect candidate because he's so sweet, and polite. I've seen him be kind, and respectful to other kids. His Sunday school teacher always compliments on how well behaved he is in class, and how well he listens. Part of me would love for him to have this experience of attending preschool with special needs kids so that his compassion will enhance, and the other part wants him home with me so that we can continue to make full time memories. We'll see what the lottery decides, and either way is fine with me. I'll find out at the end of June. 

I love being a stay at home mom playing with him, and listening to the darndest things this kid says to me. Especially when his sisters come home. 

This week some of his words have been too funny to hear. Here are some of his euphemisms that he's uttered recently:

"Mommy, you have snakes." Me: "What! Where?" Noah: "The ones on your face." (He meant my pimples.) No, I was not squeezing them so I have no idea where he got that from

I found this really cute hat at a thrift store, and when I was about to put it on he said, "mommy you don't need a hat...you already have your hair." Very funny Noah...haha! (reminded me of Steel Magnolias when Julia Roberts told her mom Sally Fields that her hair looked like a football helmet!)

So Chelsea comes home, and loves playing with my hair on the days that I wash it, and is easy to comb. Noah says to her, "Stop playing with mommy's hair...it's not a toy." Gee, I wonder where he gets that tone from.) 
Yep...that's my boy. Each day he says the funniest things, and I kick myself for not jotting the ones I missed so that when he's older I can tell him the things he'd say to us. I'm sure that if he gets into this preschool that he'll be on his best behavior, and that he will learn and use his words wisely without getting into trouble. Boys will be boys.  


No comments:

Post a Comment