REPLY

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hello May!

May welcomed me this morning with the sun shining so bright through my bedroom window that I took that as a sign telling me that this is going to be a great month. There are three important events coming up this month. My 22nd year anniversary of being a member of the LDS church, my eldest daughter's 19th birthday, and of course Mother's Day. Notice I wrote that one last. I love Mother's day, but I always tend to forget myself, and honor other mothers instead! I know...shame on me. 
The rain yesterday brought quite a few ups and downs for the fact that we are down to one vehicle now which means we're having to share a car. That's okay because we've done that many times throughout our marriage. We have one car, now two. One car, now two, etc. We let the other car go because we just couldn't keep it. You know...life happens, and we're okay with that. I'm grateful for Jon having started yet another new job last week because UPS does not know what they're missing. Well...they actually know what they're missing because he's the only one they retained after the holidays, but unfortunately the position was peak season, and only during Christmas. Seasonal bites! That's okay-it was nice having Jon home again to spend the brutal winter with us day after day, and now that the sun is shining he's back to work. Boohoo, and hooray at the same time! 

Mormon prom is this weekend, and I am beginning to feel the busyness of my calling in the stake young women. I love serving with the young women, and getting to know other sisters from different Young Women Presidencies is something that I love. People! I love meeting new people! I can see that the leaders love and care about their youth, and I know I still have a lot to learn, but darn it I am going to do my best to serve my calling like a champ. I'm really excited for these kids to have their Mormon prom. It's a lot of planning and I can see that the youth committee are making huge efforts to get this prom down to perfection. I know they'll do a good job because all the proms in the past have always been spiritually fun, and carefully planned by a faithful youth committee.  
Like I said...it rained cats, dogs, and birds all day long yesterday. The rain doesn't bother me at all. I grew up with more rain and hurricanes than snowstorms so rain is seriously not an issue with me (unless you get caught in a major flood!) On our way home from Chelsea's piano lesson we decided to take a detour and see how much rain was on the roads. Probably not a smart idea, but our area didn't flood as much. She got down, and stood outside taking in all the precipitation she could muster while sucking on a dumdum. I snapped a few photos of her whilst in the car, and the sound of the rain beating on the hood of the car was a nice rhythm.

I'm glad to be living in this part of the world because the colors that the rain brings is absolutely breathtaking. I will always forgive winter and a wet, wet spring because at the end of the day into the next morning we wake up to days looking like this... 
^^^ picture taken by yours truly with no filter. ^^^
And that is beauty!

They don't call it the Garden State for nothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment