REPLY

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dominican Republic New Mission President.

May has definitely been a busy month with school field trips, award ceremonies, trips to the post office for mothers day, birthday & graduation gifts, attending bridal showers, & I cannot believe it's come to an end! One great memory of May was attending President Corbitt & his wife Jayne's missionary farewell. 

Last Sunday many members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gathered in the chapel to bid farewell to one of the most amazing former stake president (& couple) known to man. 

President Ahmad Corbitt and his wife Jayne have been called to serve a three year mission in the Dominican Republic. I have never been to a former stake presidents farewell, and was very excited as to what they were going to discuss & talk about. 

I was very impressed by what his work in the church entailed. I knew he was an attorney but I'm not one to poke into someone's business & although I knew his job dealt with public & international affairs I didn't think it was to the point where he's meeting major prime ministers of china & other countries! I wasn't aware of all the different dignitaries he met throughout the years & how large of a scale he was on in furthering the view of the LDS church and I think that's amazing! 

It's also amazing to see how the Lord works with the other countries who are having issues right now, and having the right people in place through our contact and examples to everyone we meet. And having them learn more about the church can have a positive influence on their countries to build towards peace with one another, and when other countries know what we're all about their hearts can be softened. President Corbitt is the perfect example of interfaith relations, and in that field where his presence & knowledge with the church will bring a peaceful spirit.
I know that the Corbitt's are going to be amazing leaders and that their missionaries are going to love them. My kids love him, I love him, my husband loves him, everyone loves him! He's definitely one of a kind, and unique in his own right as to build up the spirit in a room. He strengthens, motivates, and encourages others to hasten the work just as he has been doing with people of other faiths for many years. I wouldn't doubt if someday we'll be calling him "Elder Corbitt from the Quorum of the Twelve."

I recently met one of his missionaries through the internet who will be serving in his mission when I wrote this post about him. Sister Schmidt is sooooooo excited to meet them & mentioned to me how reading about him got her pumped for her mission. We exchanged emails, and are now Facebook friends. I told President Corbitt how I already met one of his missionaries via the internet, and how I was was going to keep tabs on him through her! Haha! I'm kidding of course. He doesn't need any looking after because he is so awesome! It definitely is a small world when it comes to the church & I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've met a friend of a friend of a friend that way. Truly amazing. 
So, here's my farewell speech to the Corbitt's since I didn't get to put it on video:

President Corbitt...for the past six years you have been an amazing example of good works to my daughters. Because of that you are going to be a fantastic mission president. The people of Domincan Republic are going to love you for being there, and the missionaries are going to miss you when you leave. I remember when you said how you will "be gone" once you got released from being a stake president...well, in a sense you are. You truly meant your words when you said something about not looking back, but moving forward after your release and that is a great example to be! 


Jayne...I've only known you for a short while, but feel as if I've known you forever. You are such a beautiful soul with so much to look forward to. Good luck on the language, and being the best "mission Mama president" you can be. 


Continue to seek the good in others, and to never forget your purpose in this life. Good luck with your future endeavors for the next three years of your life surrounded with nothing but the spirit...and I hope it'll all be good! 


xo-Rose



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! You are too sweet :) and thank you for sharing so much with me, I really am so excited to meet President Corbitt and his wife! They sound like amazing people. Please email me when I'm out there too, missionaries always need support from wonderful members (and if you want to keep tabs on President Corbitt haha) :) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete