REPLY

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Adventure Aquarium.


The best part of being a mother of a third grader is going on various field trips to be a chaperone. I really enjoy the places we go, and holy moly I couldn't believe how many kids went to the Adventure Aquarium today! Must have been the torrential rain pour we got. I'm cool with chaperoning a few kids, but when you get off the bus, and see that there are other buses with other kids from various schools, I was like...we better hurry up and get inside because we only have three and a half hours to venture this place. Tis the time of year for field trips! 
We were really excited to finally venture out to the aquarium. It was our first time going, and had so much fun. Having a toddler makes it even more fun, and Noah had the time of his life. He loves the ocean, and anything that swims in the water...except for sharks. I don't think it helped him watching the edited for television of Jaws a couple of weeks ago with me. Watching that movie didn't seem to bother him at the time we were watching it, but when we entered the tunnel where you have a ton of sharks swimming above us, and beside us didn't do well for him. He did get over it pretty quick when he realized that they couldn't get us through the glass. After he saw a few scuba divers inside he saw that they were safe, and said he wanted to go in with them. Who knows...he could be a future marine biologist.
There was a shark tank where you can actually "touch a shark" with two fingers, and so many different kinds of fishes! For the first while Noah kept saying, "I want to see a whale mommy. A big whale!" I told him there are no whales here just sharks, jellyfish, and small fishes. He grinned until he saw the clownfishes! One of his favorite movies is Finding Nemo, and he was so excited when he came upon these...
^^^ lovely ceiling display of fishes. ^^^
A lot of "hands on" moments were the highlight of this trip when they were allowed to touch starfishes, sea urchins, and stingrays. I myself hesitated at first to touch them, but then after a while I was like...this is pretty cool! Yes...I was deprived as a child when it came to places like this, but not my kids.
One of our favorite attractions was looking at the penguins, and they are the cutest things! 
I love this shot! It reminds me of the movie Happy Feet when Ramon says, "Let me say something to joo!"
Stole this picture of this cute hippo from another mom, because when we went to see them they were all motionless, & relaxing in the water. 
Kids...they sure are the greatest, and we all had such a fun day today. I'm so glad that we were all able to go as a family too. We all sure had a blast. 
Until next time! Hope you're Wednesday was a happy one too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment