REPLY

Friday, May 23, 2014

it's the small things that mean the most to our children.

I can't believe this week just flew by that quick. I guess that's what happens when you have about two weeks of school left, and you start buying things that show the signs of summer. Chelsea and Noah were so excited when we bought this pool last week. This is one activity that will definitely keep them occupied during the summer. This is where I'm grateful for tile floor that's easy to mop because any thing they pick up on their way in such as grass mixed in with a little bit of muddy water can easily be wiped down. I kind of like the look of a messy "wanna be" mudroom. I grew up with a little blue pool of my own, and it's fun to see that my kids are too. At 15 bucks a pool that lasts for a couple of years I'd say that's a good investment and your water bill isn't a gazillion dollars during the summer months. There are days where I tell myself how nice it would be to live in a house with a big backyard so that we can have an underground pool, but for the past six years we have learned to be grateful for the little things, (and a small water bill.) A little blue pool for our little backyard, as well as a little smoky joe for our little bbq's.Yep...this is what our summers are all about in our little backyard, and this is how we live it in New Jersey. 
Hope y'all have a nice weekend filled with nice weather, and children that help make your "off" days "turn on" with smiles of gratitude for the small and simple things we do for them. 

Because when I see my kids happy, I'm happy. And these days that's how I'm striving to live! 

Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment