REPLY

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rocky on Broadway, & Jewish food.

I can't believe how quickly May has arrived. Last fall I purchased a ticket for our yearly New York trip to help raise funds for cancer research. Now... if you read my blog, and are my Facebook friend y'all know how much New york has my heart, and how much we go! Reasons for this specific trip and going at this specific time of the year is dear to my heart, and it's all for a good cause. I'm grateful to be a part of this group, and to know that if I can't buzz my entire head like my daughter did recently to help raise funds for pediatric cancer that I can do something else for the cause, and in return have a bit of fun!
This year we saw Rocky on broadway and it was amazing! The actors talked, acted, and looked just like a young Stallone, and Talia Shire. It was uncanny, and the performances were excellent! I especially loved the way they portrayed Rocky running up the steps of the "Museum in Philly." Really interesting, and it was pretty cool. 
I tried to capture a few good shots with my iPhone, but was really into the show. Plus I didn't want usher's saying to me, "no pictures please"  like I did when we saw Ghost two years ago. I did manage to get a few towards the end of the final match.
Like I said...New York city is so beautiful this time of year, and since we had a little time to spare before dinner we decided to walk around Central park, and take in some of the sights. It amazes me that most of the people that were on our party bus only come once a year to New York. Seriously?? C'mon Philly natives go to New York more often. The more you go, the more you'll love it! I honestly can't stay from it, and every time I come I try to take advantage of the sights, and capture New York moments every now and then. Not too many today since we had so little time in between all the walking we did, but oh how I love Central park! 

Dinner was very interesting. We ate at a place in the lower east side called Sammy's and apparently is one of the best jewish restaurants in the city. I'm all for ethnic food, and all but this is one place where I never thought I'd try. It was actually pretty good, but to be honest I think I liked the entertainment better. It made me want to be jewish for a minute because of all the sing a longs we were having. Kind of made me want to get out of my seat, and dance! It was so much fun! I was also busy clogging up my arteries with all the different kinds of foods they were bringing out. All these waiters were  bringing out dish after dish. The worst dish I tried was the chopped liver! Sorry I'm just not a liver kind of gal. The Latkes with applesauce, skirt steak, salmon, and chicken were delicious, and because I loved the sweet bell peppers, and bread...I had to post a pic!
The stuffed cabbage may not look too appealing in this photo, but it tastes really good when it's in front of your face. No, I didn't eat the whole thing. We had about 150 people in our group eating at this restaurant so the food was being passed around table after table. I couldn't believe I had rugelach for dessert, and seltzer in an old school bottle. By the end of the night I was completely stuffed! 

It was an amazing day, and now I'm sore from all the walking I did! Can you imagine how in shape I'd be if we lived here not having a car, and all we did is walk! I would definitely be able to eat at every restaurant in the city without gaining any weight!

Too much fun...too much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment