REPLY

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fun Day With Noah & Chelsea!

It sure was bittersweet attending my kids school yesterday to volunteer for what they call "fun day" as it will be their last one at this school. Chelsea began preschool here, and being that it was Noah's first year I'm so grateful that I was able to take part in his life as a kindergartener during the school year. I have really enjoyed chaperoning and volunteering in a lot of his activities and trips, and it's hard to believe that this school year is coming to a close, and that this fall they will both be attending different schools!

At the end of each school year all the kids have an event called "fun day" where they lay bouncy houses all over the school grounds. Each grade takes turns and have about 40 minutes to play, and bounce around in them. The weather couldn't be more perfect for it too! 85 degrees with blue skies, and sun shine all around with dry heat, and no rain folks! Sure wish all our days can be like this from now on until fall comes around! 

It was Noah's first time experiencing a "fun day" with bouncy houses, and he loved every second of it. This boy has too much energy for my own good! I realized today that I don't need a gym because he's my personal gym. Running around after him, and his buddies making sure there aren't too many kids inside the bouncy houses. Sure got my exercise on this day, and I even sweated too! It was so fun to see him and his little friends gasping for breath as they were jumping, and luckily they listened to their bodies when their tummy said, "I'm thirsty." They all had water bottles, and after taking a few sips went right on back to playing, and sweating some more! I'm telling you, my kid has waaaaaaaaay too much energy. A total different energy than what any of my girls had when they were his age! Either that or i'm just getting old! Ha! Ha! 

Watching Noah on this day reminded me of when Chelsea experienced her first "fun day." I wish I had days like this back when I was little kid. I didn't even have any kind of "fun day" back in my school days, and if I did I just don't remember, but if we did they sure weren't bouncy houses. Wait...were they even invented yet? Noah sure had a blast and I certainly took more photos of him than I did his sister.
Those red cheeks, and ear to ear smile is an indication that he had the time of his life. It's the little things. Even bouncy houses that make a child smile! 
After the kindergartners time was up the fifth graders then came out. I saw Chelsea with her posse and immediately went up to her, and gave her a hug. I wanted to create more moments of this day with her, but then I realized that I didn't have to. I can just sit back, and observe without intervening. And then I thought again. I volunteered my time for Noah's grade, but having Chelsea come out right after them was pure luck. I wasn't planning on hanging around much longer. So I decided to say my goodbyes to her, and her friends and left. Reasons why is because I want her to have fun with her friends without me hovering around her all the time. I don't want to be one of those helicopter moms who hovers and stares and follows them everywhere. I also don't want her friends to be glaring at me as if I have five heads thinking I'm a weirdo, or saying stuff like, "why is your mom following us?" Kind of like this mom in this movie scene from New Years Eve. I want to give her personal space, and for her to enjoy herself. I want her to know that I trust her, and so upon leaving I captured a couple of photos. 
Let me tell you something about this girl Ciara. She's as sweet as they come. She is someone that I wish we could take because she is such a true friend to Chelsea. Since pre-school they have been there for each other, and have a lot in common. This is one of her best friends, and Chelsea is really going to miss her. 
Can't believe she's growing up. Bittersweet, but at the same time it's so fun watching her blossom into a beautiful young woman. I know that once she turns 12 next this winter that the years are going to fly, and then before you know it I'm only going to have one teenage girl left in the home to hang with! I know that as she gets older I will allow her to govern herself, but at the same I will be that mom who cares, and won't just let her do whatever she wants. This day was different because she was with her friends, and many other teachers, and parents were there to supervise, and so it was okay for me to leave! 

There's also a lot more on snapchat (r_jorgensen), and if it's still on there you can view it for about another hour or two! 
Have a wonderful day folks, and enjoy the sunshine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment