REPLY

Monday, May 9, 2016

Getting Ready for The Church Prom.

One of the funnest things to do as a mom is helping my daughter get ready for special events that deals with formal gowns, makeup, and hair. Lexie is not one to get all dolled up, but when it comes to dances such as the  mormon prom, she wants to shine with her girlfriends, and get all glamoured up in the simplest form. 

And I think we did a pretty good job. 
I have to boast about her outfit. Her entire outfit cost under 25 bucks at Plato's closet. Her gold sequenced blouse made by H&M was 11, the white tulle skirt was seven, gold shoes were eight bucks, and her pizza purse was something I had my eye on for awhile at J. Crew, and when I saw that it was on sale I snagged one. It's so cute with great quality, and I think it went perfect with her outfit! Plus it's her favorite food in the world! 
Mormon prom is a big deal in our church, and everyone is invited! You don't have to be a member of our church to attend. It was so nice to see so many of Jade's friends at her house getting ready. They're all of different faiths, but got along fabulously, and Lexie meshed in well with them! Her favorite thing to do is meeting new people, and to see these girls laughing especially while they were getting ready with their hair and makeup warmed my heart. Kind of made me wish I went back in time to so that I could have done that with my friends. It's totally fine, because I got to do that with my oldest daughter, and now Lexie. Seeing all of them lighting up with excitement was also a sight to see, and it makes me feel good knowing that Lexie is being fellowshipped. I saw a lot of smiles being exchanged while we were taking pictures, and couldn't help but to capture a few moments of the camaraderie among these great group of girls. 
//Mandatory shoe photo //
// always texting //
// personal photographer //
I'm so glad that these two have remained friends since we moved here. True fellowshipping forms great friendships, and also comes with no drama, and I think those are the best kind. Just like last year's prom they all had a great time, and it makes me so happy that Lexie enjoys crowds, and attending social events, and to dance without a care in the world. I always tell her to "dance like no one is watching!" 

**For anyone who is curious as to what makes our church prom different from your average school prom you can read this great article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment