REPLY

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Skull & Bones!

For the longest time Lexie has always talked about being a doctor. When she was 10 years old she said she wanted to be a pediatrician when she grew up, and till this day she still wants to be a doctor. She is in love with anatomy and biology, and has always been fascinated with the body, bones, and brains. 

When I broke my finger last year she asked me what type of fracture it was, and which bone in my middle finger was broken. She also kept asking me how I'm feeling, and when I'd come back from my checkups she'd ask me how my finger was healing. She has always been a compassionate person, and interested in a field when it comes to helping, and healing others and I believe she has found her niche. 

She will be majoring in biology in hopes to become a doctor of some sort. She may not become a pediatrician, but I know she would be great at that because she loves kids, is a wiz at babysitting, and taking care of others. I even remember how she would change Chelsea's diaper when she was five years old! Sometimes more than her older sister would! 
Anyway, last week she made a skull out of paper mâché as well as a vertebrae for her anatomy class, and I think she did an amazing job! Late nights of sculpting, dipping, getting her hands wet, and sticky kind of took a toll on her, but she managed to get through her classes with less than three hours of sleep! I believe this staying up late is training her mind and body of what she is to expect for the real thing! 

It took her a week to finish this sucker, and was pretty pleased with the outcome. Her teacher was so pleased that she got a 96! Anatomy and biology have become her favorite subjects, and after talking with her teacher has confidence that Lexie won't struggle too much in college. She's not sure of which school to choose, but there are three where she has applied to, and has already been accepted to two. She has a lot to think about as she will be graduating in four months, but I'm sure she'll make the right choice. No matter where she goes I know she will succeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment